U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,222 times

Advertisements

I know this is an old thread but wanted to post my two cents for people finding it via search engines...

I would definitely NOT recommend Dr. Smith. He almost performed a root canal that turned out to be unneccesary. When I visited his office, I did not want to offer his guidance and performed no x-rays, etc. and basically seemed only interested in doing the root canal. He was also very rude. A visit to another dentist, and the subsequent filing, also verified that the root canal was unnecessary. After speaking with other people familiar with Dr. Smith, they informed me he has a history of performing questionably necessary root canals. Unless it's obvious that you need a root canal, I would highly recommend you get a second opinion before visiting Dr. Smith as it appears he will perform a root canal whether necessary or not. Also, I did not appreciate his attitude and would definitely not recommend him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 07:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,101 times
I think that Dr. Smith was very personable, and great! His office staff was nice, and I was in and out of there in an hour. I REALLY liked him alot!!! I would highly recommend him to anyone needing an endodontist. He is very gentle and kind!

Old 01-01-2009, 01:44 PM

69 posts, read 369,609 times
I live in Maryland and just paid 703.00 for a root canal, and that was also for the post/core build-up to get the tooth ready for a crown. After a tooth gets a root canal, it gets brittle and will crack-off. Believe me, it will crack-off, and exactly at the worst time in your life -- always on a weekend or a Sunday and exactly where it is cutting your tongue. Get the post-core build-up and get the crown. But the crown is another fee and that is where the money-money comes in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte