U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 06:05 PM
TCK TCK started this thread

167 posts, read 517,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Waiting for the rain to pass and the sun to shine again, then I'll post a few

Thank you lovemountains. I look forward to seeing anything, as I am sure others will too. Rain....I love that word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 06:44 PM

264 posts, read 827,168 times
there are some on www.matthewsminthill.com -- that's the website of the local magazine.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solnechko View Post
there are some on www.matthewsminthill.com -- that's the website of the local magazine.
Yes, I had checked out that magazine site in the past. Went back and looked and liked the article on "front porches". That would be a site to revisit here and there.

Also found some random pictures on FLICKR.COM Went in and typed Matthews, NC, Charlotte, NC, etc. Got to see some good pics. Mint Hill was mainly football, local team stuff. I was surprised to see uptown not looking so UP in the pics I saw.

Thanks.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:54 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,174,896 times
Default Pics as promised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCK View Post
Where are all the pictures of Matthews or Mint Hill? Please someone, take some pics one day and post. Much appreciated.
Many thanks to my sweet hubby for figuring out just how to do this for me (as we wait up for our teenager on this New Years Eve)

Matthews pics:

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/g...pbw?nocache=64

Mint Hill pics:

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/g...t=fd4fce5b.pbw

Last edited by lovesMountains; 12-31-2007 at 11:04 PM..

Old 01-01-2008, 10:35 AM

Default More Matthews pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Many thanks to my sweet hubby for figuring out just how to do this for me (as we wait up for our teenager on this New Years Eve)

Matthews pics:

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/g...pbw?nocache=64

Mint Hill pics:

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/g...t=fd4fce5b.pbw

Whoops - there were 6 more Matthews pics, click here:

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/g...t=d763ebba.pbw

Old 01-01-2008, 12:49 PM

Default You Are Wonderful

You are wonderful lovesmountains. I can't believe how quick you were in doing this. I thank you so very much.

Matthews was even better than I thought it would be. Looking at the pics, it felt like "home". I loved them! I definitely will be looking at them all the time. Motivates me to get things done here.

That massive brown building was Presbyterian Hospital? I am impressed. I used to be a Presbyterian Healthcare Services employee. Left two years ago to be an independent contractor to Pres. Something to look into also.

I liked Matthews the best. Mind you, I would live in Mint Hill in a heartbeat too. But favor Matthews.

Thank you and your husband from the bottom of my heart. Happy New Years.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
You are wonderful lovesmountains. I can't believe how quick you were in doing this. I thank you so very much.

Matthews was even better than I thought it would be. Looking at the pics, it felt like "home". I loved them! I definitely will be looking at them all the time. Motivates me to get things done here.

That massive brown building was Presbyterian Hospital? I am impressed. I used to be a Presbyterian Healthcare Services employee. Left two years ago to be an independent contractor to Pres. Something to look into also.

I liked Matthews the best. Mind you, I would live in Mint Hill in a heartbeat too. But favor Matthews.

Thank you and your husband from the bottom of my heart. Happy New Years.

Glad I could help Wish I had been able to label them so you would know what you are looking at in every one. Basically the ones of Matthews were some street views, neighborhood views, Stumptown Park with it's stage (used often throughout the year for concerts in the park), the fire station, the Community Center, the Matthews Womens Club, and the town hall/library building. Oh, the white train depot is the Chamber of Commerce building. Presbyterian-Matthews Hospital IS larger than most people expect. It is a branch of the big Presby-Main uptown.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:19 PM

Default Dear Lovemountains

Today I looked again at the pictures you took. I saw a Michaels (craft store) sign which is a very good thing to this lady. In another picture, I saw a bus in Matthews. Could you tell me if this is just for local routes. Are there a number of routes? Could one possibly get around using buses? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Today I looked again at the pictures you took. I saw a Michaels (craft store) sign which is a very good thing to this lady. In another picture, I saw a bus in Matthews. Could you tell me if this is just for local routes. Are there a number of routes? Could one possibly get around using buses? Thanks in advance.
Glad to know that Micheal's made you happy That one is in a shopping center called "Sycamore Commons" and it is actually very convenient to Mint Hill, though it sits in Matthews city limits.

Buses throughout Matthews, and a lot of Charlotte in general, are not quite like in older cities that have had buses for years. What I mean is, yes, they are here and very convenient for folks wanting to get uptown especially. But they don't stop at every street corner, and you can't just pull the cord to tell the driver to stop and let you off - they only stop at designated places.

In Matthews you can pretty much get on one at any major intersection and go to the hospital, South Park Mall, uptown and some local shopping centers. Matthews also has a "park and ride" lot that people drive to in the mornings to catch the buses going uptown, if they don't live on a route with stops. It's not an extensive bus system (yet) but it does seem to work for many people.

I am still hoping to find some time to get a few more pics for you, so stay tuned!

Old 02-26-2008, 11:46 AM

43 posts, read 93,691 times
can anybody tell me info on subdivision dues in the matthews mint hill area....price....what does it include...garbage pick up? etc. thanx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte