U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2006, 07:03 PM

62 posts, read 200,593 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Will be moving to Charlotte within the year- my husband will be transferred to Central Charlotte. I've heard lots of positives on the Union County area and am very interested... We are looking for a "slower" lifestyle, but will be coming from NYC, so don't want to be in a rural area- would like a town that has things to do (restaurants, a bar or two, some shopping nearby etc.) Some of the towns in Union seem a little undeveloped for what we're looking for. Also, we will be starting a family, so good schools are a priority. Looking to spend no more than $250K for a 4/2.

Any suggestions of towns in this area that might be suitable? Also, don't want much more than a 30 min. commute for my husband.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2006, 07:27 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mea2010 View Post
Hi,

Will be moving to Charlotte within the year- my husband will be transferred to Central Charlotte. I've heard lots of positives on the Union County area and am very interested... We are looking for a "slower" lifestyle, but will be coming from NYC, so don't want to be in a rural area- would like a town that has things to do (restaurants, a bar or two, some shopping nearby etc.) Some of the towns in Union seem a little undeveloped for what we're looking for. Also, we will be starting a family, so good schools are a priority. Looking to spend no more than $250K for a 4/2.

Any suggestions of towns in this area that might be suitable? Also, don't want much more than a 30 min. commute for my husband.

Thanks!

For more to choose from in your price range and a bit more to do entertainment wise, look up near Huntersville or Davidson. More developed for sure than rural Union county.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:21 PM

1,891 posts, read 5,546,369 times
Hi there -- we relocated from NY in 1998 There are some listings in South Charlotte that meet your needs -- the ones that are in Union County at this time are a bit further out. Some of Union County borders south Charlotte -- but right now nothing in your price range. The market tends to pick up in March or so. Feel free to PM me if you would like me to send you the listings. Best of luck to you

Old 11-01-2006, 07:22 AM

Default Any suggestions

We would really prefer to stay south or southeast of Charlotte, as I have heard the traffic is awful coming from the Huntersville area during rush hour- is this true? There aren't any towns South of Charlotte that have things to do, and aren't quite as rural as many of the towns in Union County?

Thank you!!

Old 11-01-2006, 09:09 AM

Quote:
We would really prefer to stay south or southeast of Charlotte, as I have heard the traffic is awful coming from the Huntersville area during rush hour- is this true? There aren't any towns South of Charlotte that have things to do, and aren't quite as rural as many of the towns in Union County?

Thank you!!
You have heard correctly about the traffic coming from the north into uptown for work. I would say staying south is a better choice for sure. It's just that it may be a little harder to find a house in your price range. My suggestion is that you look just over the state line into Fort Mill. It is a straight shot uptown from there but you would still have a few entertainment choices close by.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:12 AM

Quote:

Thank you!!

Another idea is to consider living in southeast Charlotte. The areas I'm thinking of would get your husband uptown in 30 minutes or so during rush hour - 15 minutes during other times. Let me know if living in the city limits, but in an area of nice neighborhoods would suit you.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:52 PM

Yes, we are willing to consider any areas that have "things to do" (parks, restaurants, some shopping, maybe a pub or two), good schools, within 30-40 min. tops to Uptown during rush hour, and nice homes for no more than $250-$275K range...

Any specific areas you were thinking of?

Thanks everyone for the great feedback- we really appreciate any help,as we're still pretty clueless!

Old 11-01-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Yes, we are willing to consider any areas that have "things to do" (parks, restaurants, some shopping, maybe a pub or two), good schools, within 30-40 min. tops to Uptown during rush hour, and nice homes for no more than $250-$275K range...

Any specific areas you were thinking of?

Thanks everyone for the great feedback- we really appreciate any help,as we're still pretty clueless!
In that price range try looking in area 4, off Sardis Road or Providence Road between Fairview and Hwy. 51 (you should invest in a city map and start familiarizing yourself with the main arteries and sections of town ) Staying "inside" hwy 51 helps a great deal in commute time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or