Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 12:38 PM

102 posts, read 119,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieClaire View Post
Thank you NCGirl.
I'm moving from Denver Colorado, home to 4.86 million people, and I have never ever felt unsafe in my neighborhood or anyplace in the city of Denver.
I thought Charlotte would be the same.

I appreciate your help and your time in responding, also for the link.
Happy New Year!
Maddie, I moved from denver as well. Belive me, what you hear in the news groups is not the happening in real life. The amount of break-ins is very high. Try to spend more money and get a nice gated community and spend some money on security system as well. You dont feel the same safety as we did in denver. I can give you that much headsup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 08:14 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieClaire View Post
Thank you NCGirl.
I'm moving from Denver Colorado, home to 4.86 million people, and I have never ever felt unsafe in my neighborhood or anyplace in the city of Denver.
I thought Charlotte would be the same.

I appreciate your help and your time in responding, also for the link.
Happy New Year!
That is the whole population of the state of Colorado.

Metro Denver about 2.5 million. Charlotte about 2.2 million (wikipedia.com). Not a big difference. Both are great cities. My cousin lives in Greenwood Village in Cherry Hills Farm in Denver area. They love Denver!

Denver is a whole lot more built up, but give Charlotte a few more years. It is booming.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:54 PM

102 posts, read 119,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post

Metro Denver about 2.5 million. Charlotte about 2.2 million (wikipedia.com). Not a big difference. Both are great cities. My cousin lives in Greenwood Village in Cherry Hills Farm in Denver area. They love Denver!

Denver is a whole lot more built up, but give Charlotte a few more years. It is booming.
For a lot more built up city there is no special crime and here people say this city is growing rapidly and still have crime rising 10 fold. How sick is that.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:04 PM

355 posts, read 992,469 times
Charlotte media really does a bad job covering real news. I think that why it scare newcomers into a state of fear.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:07 PM

355 posts, read 992,469 times
I hope moneith park is safe LOL

Old 01-01-2008, 09:19 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentricbeethoven View Post
I hope moneith park is safe LOL
Neighbors fight back against vandals 10:53 AM | Local News | News ...

http://news14.com/content/local_news...i/Default.aspx

These incidents happen in the summer. I havent read or heard anything since then. It typical in the summer for teenage vandals That development is right against a major street.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:28 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlazygc View Post
For a lot more built up city there is no special crime and here people say this city is growing rapidly and still have crime rising 10 fold. How sick is that.
I agree. Crime is pathetic. I am glad I was raised right and made right decisions.

Probably 1/2 of the inner city kids and some suburb kids are raising themselves. Times have changed and not for the better.

Drugs & gangs are to blame for the biggest majority of crime & murders in Charlotte.

If you are a parent in Charlotte-Mecklenburg, you have an obligation to have your kid off the street and home before 11pm (if they are under 18). 1/2 of the parents today have no idea where their kids area.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:14 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resident View Post
You need new judges and lawyers ..you know ones who uphold the law??
An excellent point. There have been articles in the newspaper about a lack of prosecutors and judges. If you want to take criminals off the street you have to also have adequate jail space as well. It seems that if they pull in three murderers in Charlotte, three burglars go free. I understand people want to keep their taxes low, but you can end up being too cheap. Charlotte still is basically still a one-horse town (banking) and if the perception of it changes from being a basically safe place, to one that seems to be crime-ridden, it will no longer be an Atlanta want-to-be, but the South's answer to Detroit.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-01-2008 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: noted

Old 01-01-2008, 10:19 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlazygc View Post
Crime in general is always a sickening thing - I think we all agree with that.

Thank goodness some of our numbers have been going down, like murder and rape.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:16 AM

385 posts, read 1,575,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post

I'm sorry I misspoke, thank you for the real numbers.
Your cousin and I are pretty much in the same area. I live in the Denver Tech Center which butts up to Greenwood Village. Cherry Hills Farm is very nice (it actually reminds me of the Carolinas).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte