U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2007, 12:51 PM

369 posts, read 293,336 times

Advertisements

I am currently in school and I am scheduled to graduate in May of 2008 to become a legal assistant. I am wondering if there are a lot of law firms or legal departments in South Charlotte. I ask about South Charlotte because since I am afraid of living directly in Charlotte due to all I hear about crime, I may want to get in apartment in the Fort Mill suburb and just commute to South Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 01:08 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,221,122 times
Yes, there are a ton of them spread all throughout South Charlotte. From East Blvd. to Park Road to Southpark to the Ballantyne area. One could not possibly begin to name them all.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:55 PM

616 posts, read 1,565,833 times
Hi Frank!

I work in Uptown at a large law firm. I live in Pineville and take the light rail to work, stopping at the Carson stop to go to the Dowd Y.

Working in Uptown has been great, no hassles, I can go to the library, museums, or just people watch at lunch. Great lunch spots, and I can even run some errands.

When I parked in town, about 6 blocks from my office, I had no problems walking to my car, even when I worked late. Our firm has a security officer who will walk with you to parking if you are concerned, but he is seldom used.

My firm is medium/small - about 100 attorneys. There are a number of large firms moving into Charlotte to get a piece of the banking and real estate pie ... the stories of firms plundering other firms attorneys are all over the place.

Anyway, I mention this because there are excellent opportunities in Uptown and it is not a scary place at all. Uptown seldom seems like a big city to me, the streets are narrow, seldom crowded, lots of trees and people-scaled spaces. I would hate to see you miss a fabulous opportunity before you check out Uptown and get the vibe.

Use www.martindale.com to do more searching for firms in and around Charlotte - there is an advanced search that lets you search for firms by size, zip code, etc. If you want to chat more, PM me.

Good luck!!!

Old 12-30-2007, 07:44 PM

509 posts, read 1,642,483 times
I personally would not be worried about living in Charlotte, and uptown is where many of the big firms are. But there are also firms in SouthPark and along Morehead.

I work uptown in a law firm and love it... I commute from Huntersville but would not hesitate to live uptown or in Dilworth if I did not have kids and dogs (well, Dilworth I would live in with kids if I could afford the house I would want there )

GT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte