Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 10:36 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,501,051 times

Advertisements

5 words....

Home of Joe Gibbs Racing.

Huntersville is a really nice town. I have enjoyed the time I spent there...even the time outside of JGR. My first time there was in 2006 and I swear the whole place was under construction. So much has been built there it's crazy! It's pretty amazing though. The traffic can be annoying at times, but without that traffic you don't have shops and restaurants so there is a trade off.

Oh and it's definitely more humid than AZ!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 07:21 AM

8 posts, read 9,593 times
Racin', rasslin, strip-malls, fast-food, traffic

Old 11-12-2014, 07:16 PM

645 posts, read 1,058,010 times
People from Huntersville aren't Charlotteans.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:30 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,335,935 times
- Extremely Beautiful and clean

- Retail centers have more urbanish designs than all of the other suburbs (Rosedale, Birkdale, North Cross, etc)

- Excellent parks nearby (North Meck, Jetton, greenways, etc)

- Great grocery options (Publix, Whole Foods, Earthfare, Harris Teeter)

- The public facilities are great and the bus system is the best suburban bus system. Has really good Express frequency to uptown and 3 bus routes that wind through LKN

I think Huntersville - personally - is the best suburb outside of Charlotte by miles. Affluent, beautiful, close to the city, still metropolitan feeling instead of Podunk.

Politically it's conservative but they seem to be socially liberal.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:36 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,335,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryBGood View Post
People from Huntersville aren't Charlotteans.
I live in Huntersville and I am Charlottean. Born & raised. Presbyterian baby, Elizabeth avenue. And very few people are more in love with Charlotte than I am. I consider myself Charlottean first and foremost before anything. Huntersville is more Charlotte than most of Charlotte. Still Prefer center city, Myers Park, Dilworth, Plaza, Park Road, SouthEnd, Quail Hollow, etc but Huntersville is just fine

I have to say I hate almost every town in the Charlotte area. But LKN, I love it a lot. Traffic is worth it (and I live between Gilead & Sam Furr so I have to deal with the worst traffic).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte