Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 12:09 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,792,296 times

Advertisements

If you want to have a gripe with Newton, it has to be that damned towel. It's like he goes to hide in his little tree fort so the icky girls can't give him cooties. And the Superman crap has to stop until he can actually produce something worthy of celebration. 3 wins after week 10 isn't something to celebrate. He's a great athlete and can pull some rabbits out of somewhere, but when things don't go his way he reminds me of Tiger Woods. Pout about until the next chance to hit a shot/make a pass.

He has the talent, but I really think he lacks the maturity to be a true leader. And when you take away a receiver like Smith, you only make things harder on him...and expose his weaknesses. Cam is almost there. He just lacks that thing I can't quite put my finger on. He'll have it one week and not the next. It's like a seesaw of awesome and suck. Someone needs to put a little weight on the awesome side.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:24 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,795,604 times
Anyone interested in going to the game tomorrow, drop me a PM as I cannot make it. My season tickets are Sec 545 Row 10.
No Falcons fans need respond

Old 11-30-2014, 07:37 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,761,140 times

The NFC South is a joke

Old 11-30-2014, 07:41 PM

373 posts, read 775,125 times
Best to play for a draft pick now.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:21 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,505,689 times
Officially embarrassed now! No words

Old 11-30-2014, 08:24 PM

136 posts, read 104,788 times
Panthers need a QB, its that simple

Old 11-30-2014, 08:39 PM

373 posts, read 775,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutark Evansby View Post
Panthers need a QB, its that simple
They don't grow on trees.
Cam may deserve the criticism he is getting, but no QB in the NFL could win with this Offensive Line.
I like Cam and hope it works out for him here, but if he were to move on, then so be it.

We need to start over and build around an Offensive Line and truly commit to it.
Consistent winners always have great Offensive Lines.
An average QB can be great playing with a top tier Offensive Line.
A great QB can be average and even poor playing with a poor Offensive Line.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:59 PM

371 posts, read 524,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecracker View Post
Cam may deserve the criticism he is getting, but no QB in the NFL could win with this Offensive Line.
I like Cam and hope it works out for him here, but if he were to move on, then so be it.

We need to start over and build around an Offensive Line and truly commit to it.
This is the same reasoning as to why people say Eli Manning is playing poorly, a lackluster offensive line. Both him and Cam were No. 1 overall picks and I don't buy that excuse. Cam especially should be able to use his mobility when the pocket breaks down.

Cam is like RG3, a suspect passer but good runner. Also see Vince Young who is currently out of the league working back at U of Texas. It is possible that RG3 might be out of the league very soon, he will at the least not be in Washington after this season.

Cam is also a ***** to the NFL system. He is one of these guys that was able to play the position in college, but his success at the NFL level would always be limited. He followed the same path as RG3 and Vince where both QBs had great freshman seasons, but then the wheels fell over not soon after. This also happened with Tim Tebow, a mobile QB. All of these guys have focused on hoarding cash by filming commercials and singing endorsements versus making their game better. I think they know that their careers are not going to last that long so they need to get as much as they can. Cam Newton also only played one season of college football at Auburn and got kicked out of Florida for stealing a laptop that he threw out the window when cops came by.

I doubt that Cam will be getting that raise with the rookie wage scale. He is due to get a salary equal to the top 5 players at his position if the Panthers resign him. A salary that he definitely doesn't deserve.

Beware of Marcus Mariota out of Oregon in the draft. He is also a running QB. Also, Oregon QBs have been horrible in the NFL (Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, AJ Feeley . . . .)

Old 11-30-2014, 09:05 PM

136 posts, read 104,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecracker View Post

It goes without saying that any QB needs protection. That being said, he isn't accurate….all his throws seem high. He doesn't read defenses. He is literally look at his primary receiver, if that person is covered, tuck it and run. Same with RG3….That running/pistol offense crap is great for college, the NFL isn't college. There aren't any NW Hicktown State defenses to beat 82-0….What is a concern about Cam, he is NOT accurate. You can teach someone to read defenses. Its pretty hard to teach "Accuracy" at this point, you should have that when you get to the NFL

Old 11-30-2014, 09:11 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,262,290 times
Comparing Newton to Tebow who is out of the league? Seriously? Cam didn't just have a "great freshman season," he had three very good seasons to start out his career. He's not a top 5 QB, but he's definitely in the top half of QB's in the league. He was playing injured (and unlike RG3 he actually has the size to take some hits) earlier this year, has no line and his defense/special teams hasn't been a lot of help this year either...2 blocked punts for TD's, really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte