Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 05:46 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by appstate1998 View Post
When people say "cut your own," do they mean you can pick your tree and the people at the lot will cut it for you???

Total city-boy here. I don't own a chainsaw, nor would I trust myself with one.
LOL, yes. You just go identify the one you want and the farm hands will come along and cut it and drive it on a gator to a baling station so it can be all wrapped up for your trip home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 01:41 PM

135 posts, read 195,477 times
Quote:
My 3 yr old is already hitting us up for a Christmas tree. I told him to hold off until we finish Thanksgiving dinner, but he's not listening.

I'm curious to know where everyone gets their tree from? Last year we got ours in Cotswold off of Randolph Rd.

Pricey, but it's right around the corner.
We've been going to CEDARLAKETREEFARM.COM for about 6 years and absolutely LOVE it. The people are great, they have cows/chickens/donkeys for the kids to see, a bonfire to stand around, hot cider to drink, a giant hay pyramid to climb on, and beautiful totally reasonably priced trees. It's a bit of a drive to Iron Station, but totally worth it.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:22 PM

747 posts, read 2,105,443 times
We have gone to Sparta for the past 5 years: Reeves Ridge Wholesale North Carolina Fraser Fir Christmas Trees
Just be careful when you pass between Mooresville and Troutman, I've seen speed traps the past couple of years. We usually go the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:32 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,983,385 times
Quote:
When people say "cut your own," do they mean you can pick your tree and the people at the lot will cut it for you???

Total city-boy here. I don't own a chainsaw, nor would I trust myself with one.

You don't need a chain saw to cut a Christmas tree. My 11 year old daughter can do it mostly by herself. A lot of farms will cut it for you when you pick it out and others give you your own saw to cut it yourself. They come down really easily!

Old 11-30-2014, 03:31 PM

3 posts, read 3,894 times
We went to Pinetop Farm in Salisbury, NC. The trip was about 50 minutes from Charlotte. My kids really enjoyed the hayride out to the Christmas Tree field. The farm provided a bow saw so we could cut our own tree. The trip was shorter than Boone as we didn't have all day. Very convenient.

Last edited by mrit40guy; 11-30-2014 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: mispell and left out saw

Old 12-04-2014, 07:30 AM

207 posts, read 354,638 times
Sadly, the Charlotte Regional Farmers' Market will not have Christmas trees this year. Fist time without for more than 20 years. Vendor is unable to arrange tree availability at site. This according to office at Market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte