Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 01:27 PM

189 posts, read 331,901 times

Advertisements

Yeah Mac's isn't too far from the New Bern station but I purposely omitted it because you asked for good BBQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 02:20 PM

777 posts, read 2,554,414 times
Regarding Mac's and overrated. Overrated means many people love and rave about it, but some don't like it.

There is no "one best BBQ" in town, just everyone's preference. I prefer's Mac and based on the huge crowds any day/time of the week, many others do as well. Yes, I have had some dud BBQ days there just like I have had at sauceman's and QCQ but overall very good. I also judge my favorite based on atmosphere, beer selection, service, etc. All three (and Midwood Smokehouse) all pass the "I would go back there" test for me so take your pick and enjoy.

Old 12-08-2014, 02:28 PM

11 posts, read 17,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandguy811 View Post
Yeah Mac's isn't too far from the New Bern station but I purposely omitted it because you asked for good BBQ
Haha...that's funny. OK, Mac's is off the list.

I looked at Sauceman's. Looks nice but the location looks really out of the way for what I need to do. My main concern is parking during the game and I'd planned to park at the Scaleybark station (closest station with parking) and ride the train into and out of uptown.

It looks like going to Queen City Q will be the easiest, then walk over to BoA Stadium. I'll definitely keep Sauceman's in mind for next time I'm in Charlotte for more than just the day though!

Unless anyone has any other suggestions, then Queen City it is. Thanks again for all your help!

Go Panthers! Keep Pounding!

Old 12-08-2014, 02:36 PM

11 posts, read 17,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutark Evansby View Post
all the recommendations are great....My condolences you have to ruin your dining experience with watching the Panthers
As bad as this season has been, at least it was nice watching them humiliate the Saints in front of their home crowd yesterday. It's a small consolation

Old 12-08-2014, 02:39 PM

444 posts, read 577,223 times
Default Mac

I like Mac's on South Blvd but I am a damn yankee so I have no clue what good BBQ really is I guess. ;-)

Old 12-08-2014, 03:15 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,403,035 times
Ribs and brisket are not barbecue! LOL.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:21 PM

751 posts, read 921,186 times
FYI...if you're trying to park away from Uptown and take the Light Rail just to save on cost/traffic, it's not worth it. There's tons of parking downtown on gameday for ~$10. And traffic isn't bad at all. The city is set up for Monday-Friday business, so there's tons of corporate parking lots open on the weekends, and the city has enough on/off ramps that it's easy to get in/out of the city on game day. As far as BBQ...don't get your hopes up. While there are BBQ places...nothing is out of this world uptown. And yes, Queen City Q would be the furthest walk for you guys (probably 20-25 minute walk to the stadium...very doable if not raining/cold).

Old 12-09-2014, 01:58 PM

15,360 posts, read 12,544,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySeal77 View Post
I like Mac's on South Blvd but I am a damn yankee so I have no clue what good BBQ really is I guess. ;-)
Maybe it's a yankee thing because I like Mac's.

Midwoods is my first option but I have no complaints about Mac's. They also have a great beer selection IMO.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:38 AM

830 posts, read 1,520,646 times
Like the atmosphere and sides at Macs, just not their BBQ. Especially disappointed by the brisket.

Sauceman's is what, 2 blocks from the light rail - but may not be convenient to get off, and then have to catch another train.

If you are going to Queen City and planning on walking to the game from there, might as well just drive and park in the 7th St garage by Imaginon, and save the hassle of the train. Parking won't be expensive there, and Queen City is right in that same complex.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:59 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,661,210 times
The problem you are going to have is that "real" bbq places are not open on Sunday. Just how it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte