U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-28-2014, 05:30 PM
 
980 posts, read 1,184,412 times
Reputation: 760

Advertisements

So because they made the playoffs that product is okay? They didnt even make .500, that is saying you are the best loser. The NFC south was a joke and they will probably get blown out the first round like last year. Teams like Buffalo, Miami, Philly, Chiefs, Chargers, and Texans all have better records but won't make it because an NFC South team has to make it. They were even beaten by Philly and Buffalo, they did win the last 3 and 4 of the last 5 so they are playing better but they didn't win a game for almost a month before that. This has the 2010 Seahawks written all over it, and this is only the 2nd time a team with a losing record made the playoffs. Good game and good luck but this rewards the front office for making horrible off season decisions.

 
Old 12-28-2014, 07:15 PM
 
371 posts, read 409,055 times
Reputation: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
So because they made the playoffs that product is okay? They didnt even make .500, that is saying you are the best loser. The NFC south was a joke and they will probably get blown out the first round like last year. Teams like Buffalo, Miami, Philly, Chiefs, Chargers, and Texans all have better records but won't make it because an NFC South team has to make it. They were even beaten by Philly and Buffalo, they did win the last 3 and 4 of the last 5 so they are playing better but they didn't win a game for almost a month before that. This has the 2010 Seahawks written all over it, and this is only the 2nd time a team with a losing record made the playoffs. Good game and good luck but this rewards the front office for making horrible off season decisions.
Geez man, we are in the playoffs. Maybe enjoy it?
 
Old 12-28-2014, 07:20 PM
 
980 posts, read 1,184,412 times
Reputation: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosHogan View Post
Geez man, we are in the playoffs. Maybe enjoy it?
I am not a Panthers fan so it makes no difference to me. I am not much of an NFL fan, mostly college ball. In college this team wouldn't even qualify for the Belk bowl to put it in perspective, because you have to be .500 to qualify. I am saying though that them making the playoffs gives the front office blunders and horrible coaching in the off season and most of the season a pass. This is only the 2nd time in the history of the NFL a team under .500 made it to the playoffs. Just terrible.
 
Old 12-28-2014, 07:39 PM
 
373 posts, read 667,807 times
Reputation: 674
How did we win the division?
Atlanta was 5-1 in the NFC South.
Panthers are 4-2 in the NFC South?
What gives?
This makes no sense.
 
Old 12-28-2014, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
3,356 posts, read 8,853,889 times
Reputation: 1932
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecracker View Post
How did we win the division?
Atlanta was 5-1 in the NFC South.
Panthers are 4-2 in the NFC South?
What gives?
This makes no sense.
Overall win percentage was Carolina .469, New Orleans .438, Atlanta .375 and Tampa .125

So basically Carolina was the most successful loser, or something along those lines.
 
Old 12-28-2014, 08:06 PM
 
373 posts, read 667,807 times
Reputation: 674
So, it is not the best in the division itself who actually wins the division?

Example:
Team Alpha has a 10-6 record, 1-5 in the division.
Team Bravo has a 9-7 record, 5-1 in the division.

Team Alpha wins the division because they have the best over-all record of all the teams in the division?
This despite the record within the division being worse than all other teams in the same respective division?
 
Old 12-28-2014, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
9,114 posts, read 15,623,104 times
Reputation: 3689
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
So because they made the playoffs that product is okay? They didnt even make .500, that is saying you are the best loser. The NFC south was a joke and they will probably get blown out the first round like last year. Teams like Buffalo, Miami, Philly, Chiefs, Chargers, and Texans all have better records but won't make it because an NFC South team has to make it. They were even beaten by Philly and Buffalo, they did win the last 3 and 4 of the last 5 so they are playing better but they didn't win a game for almost a month before that. This has the 2010 Seahawks written all over it, and this is only the 2nd time a team with a losing record made the playoffs. Good game and good luck but this rewards the front office for making horrible off season decisions.
The Panthers have not lost in December and have made a pretty remarkable comeback. They actually won 4 in a row, (not 3 out of 4).


Yes, the division overall was bad, however I'm assuming by your comments you did not watch today and how well the team played (especially the defensive line)
 
Old 12-28-2014, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
9,114 posts, read 15,623,104 times
Reputation: 3689
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecracker View Post
How did we win the division?
Atlanta was 5-1 in the NFC South.
Panthers are 4-2 in the NFC South?
What gives?
This makes no sense.
It makes perfect sense if you understand how NFL standing work. Here is a 'football seeding for dummies' link that can explain things a little clearer..(not saying you or anyone is a 'dummy', it just explains it in laymens terms a little better...

http://www.ehow.com/list_6312091_nfl...ing-rules.html

Division RECORD only matters in tiebreakers. Its your OVERALL record that counts the most.
 
Old 12-28-2014, 09:04 PM
 
980 posts, read 1,184,412 times
Reputation: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
The Panthers have not lost in December and have made a pretty remarkable comeback. They actually won 4 in a row, (not 3 out of 4).


Yes, the division overall was bad, however I'm assuming by your comments you did not watch today and how well the team played (especially the defensive line)
I did watch because I'm not a fan doesn't mean I don't watch some of it. They played a terrible team. They beat the Browns Atlanta saints and bucs they didn't beat a team with a winning record in december. The only team they beat with a winning record is the Lions all season. They have a solid chance or beating the cards because they are on their 3rd or 4th string QB. This team and no tram in the nfc south deserves to be in the playoffs. There shold be a rule you need to be .500 to be in the playoffs.
 
Old 12-28-2014, 09:23 PM
 
373 posts, read 667,807 times
Reputation: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
I did watch because I'm not a fan doesn't mean I don't watch some of it. They played a terrible team. They beat the Browns Atlanta saints and bucs they didn't beat a team with a winning record in december. The only team they beat with a winning record is the Lions all season. They have a solid chance or beating the cards because they are on their 3rd or 4th string QB. This team and no tram in the nfc south deserves to be in the playoffs. There shold be a rule you need to be .500 to be in the playoffs.
Look.
If you are going to have a bad year as a team, it is nice to do so with catching as many breaks as you can.

No one is saying the Panthers are a great team.
We do have talent and we are gelling at the right time.
Winning 4 straight games to close the season is something to be proud of, regardless if we played bad teams.
The fact that we won the division as a result of everyone else in the division having bad years at one time is just good fortune for us.

You have to look at all the circumstances from injuries, losing players to other teams, and all the rest.
Better to be happy about the good and celebrate than dwell on other things.
Its been a rough year, now the regular season ends on a positive note.

The year is not over
I will tell you this: No one wants to play the Panthers in next week's playoff game.
Panthers are favored in the game vs Arizona.

Last edited by cheesecracker; 12-28-2014 at 09:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top