Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 07:03 AM

98 posts, read 200,462 times

Advertisements

I've been in Charlotte for seven months and still haven't found a nail tech/salon I'm happy with. I would prefer an american girl who takes one client at a time. I do not like these salons where you are one of many being done at the same time, they barely speak English and talk in their native language while basically ignoring you and what you want.
No offense to anyone meant, I'm just picky on who does my nails and how they are done.
I live near plaza at mid wood so anything close to that would be great.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 06:39 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,515,831 times
I went to the Oasis day spa a couple of months back and the two techs there were wonderful. Its more of a spa, with a variety of services rather than just a nail salon though. I don't know if this is close to you or not.

Oasis Day Spa - Home

Old 03-28-2012, 06:01 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
How do you know the ones that don't speak English aren't American?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:48 AM

821 posts, read 1,854,700 times
Default Nail Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps1819grits View Post
I've been in Charlotte for seven months and still haven't found a nail tech/salon I'm happy with. I would prefer an american girl who takes one client at a time. I do not like these salons where you are one of many being done at the same time, they barely speak English and talk in their native language while basically ignoring you and what you want.
No offense to anyone meant, I'm just picky on who does my nails and how they are done.
I live near plaza at mid wood so anything close to that would be great.
Thanks
My wife has been going to the same "nail tech" for many years, after shopping around. She never went to one of the shops with multiple chairs because of some validated horror stories coming out of these shops.

Her nail person is Kelly Wall. Phone number is 704-819-4350. She's in Matthews just off Independence Blvd and depending on the time of day with traffic, that's a 15 minute drive from the Plaza Midwood area. My wife says Kelly has clients that drive much greater distances than Plaza Midwood "because Kelly is that good." Kelly and a couple of hair dressers share a small shop with easy access and good parking. Might want to consider at some point.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulosfm View Post
My wife has been going to the same "nail tech" for many years, after shopping around. She never went to one of the shops with multiple chairs because of some validated horror stories coming out of these shops.

Her nail person is Kelly Wall. Phone number is 704-819-4350. She's in Matthews just off Independence Blvd and depending on the time of day with traffic, that's a 15 minute drive from the Plaza Midwood area. My wife says Kelly has clients that drive much greater distances than Plaza Midwood "because Kelly is that good." Kelly and a couple of hair dressers share a small shop with easy access and good parking. Might want to consider at some point.
Thank you. Do you happen to know the name of the shop? I will give her a call. I really appreciate it and please tell your wife also!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:50 AM

There is a difference between someone who knows exactly what us American girls want with our nails and how we want them done. I hate sitting in a place and being talked over in a language that I can't understand one word....as if I'm not there. I hate having two or three different people work on my nails, being cut by the drill, absolutely nothing done to my cuticles, and then being upcharged for repairs and a french polish. Paulosfm and his wife knew exactly what I was talking about and I'm grateful!

Old 03-29-2012, 11:13 AM

821 posts, read 1,854,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps1819grits View Post
Thank you. Do you happen to know the name of the shop? I will give her a call. I really appreciate it and please tell your wife also!
My wife says it's "High Maintenance" - it's just off Independence on Sam Newell Road. It's a new shop. The nail tech and the hairdresser(s) moved their operation from a space in downtown Matthews from a few months ago. My wife tells me the facility where they were renting has issues with heat and cold (too much heat in summer and too little heat in the winter, if you get my drift). Good luck.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:50 PM

162 posts, read 228,665 times
pink and white fabulosity is great! The only problem is they are so busy since she advertised on groupon. She offers great specials. Check out the website! Wix.com pink created by pinkwhitefab based on reg-bottom-menu-2

Old 04-06-2012, 01:37 PM

44 posts, read 111,038 times
Alter Ego! Alter Ego! Alter Ego!

I cannot say enough good things about this place. I'm always seeing speecials on Charlotte Half Off or Groupon/Living Social, so I finally took a shot. Just got a mani-pedi combo for $25. And it was the best ever!! Everyone was so amazingly friendly and easy to talk to. It looks and feels very high end without the attitude. I'll definitely go back!! It's located off South Tryon in Arysley.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:49 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,405,904 times
@Alter Ego and High Maintenance
Do they massage your hands, feet and calves also? I haven't been to a spa since I moved out here 2 years ago. The spa I used to frequent in MD massaged you hands when giving a mani and feet and calves when giving a pedi. I feel so relaxed just thinking about it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte