Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2014, 05:16 PM

364 posts, read 635,760 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
My wife is due in July and we are going to have our first baby. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good daycare? What about cost? Is there an approximate going rate?

My wife and I both have full time jobs so we will need to put our baby in daycare. We live in North lake mall area.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 10:28 AM

246 posts, read 583,654 times
Our son went to Concord Children's Academy and we were very pleased. That was 2 years ago, though, so I have no idea how they are now.

The most important thing you can do when selecting a daycare is to tour the place and ask questions. No matter how "stupid" you think a question is, ask it. If alarm bells are going off or something doesn't feel right, move on to another place.

Also, don't get caught up in star ratings. I have seen four star centers that were FAR superior to 5 star places.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:04 AM

Thank you for the suggestions information.

Is $230-$260 a week approximately the growing rate for daycare for an infant! That is what it is sounding like from the tiny bit of digging into this that I've done so far. Whew wasn't expecting quite that kind of loot!

Old 12-18-2014, 07:12 AM

227 posts, read 392,840 times
That was the price range when I looked at places about a year ago. Depending on where you work, you might be able to get a discount. You live by Northlake, but where do you work? You'll likely want a place that's not too far out of the way from your regular commute.

My child goes to Sunshine House off of Harris Blvd and Davis Lake. They have one in Huntersville as well, off of exit 23 I think.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:16 AM

Have you been happy with Sunshine House? I work up in Mooresville and my wife works in Ballentyne. Going opposite ways in the morning.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:39 AM

227 posts, read 392,840 times
I've been more than happy with Sunshine House, and they do provide free diapers and formula (similac), which is nice. I think they're independently owned and operated though, so i can't say how the Huntersville one is.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:30 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,961,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBGNCSU05 View Post
Our son went to Concord Children's Academy and we were very pleased. That was 2 years ago, though, so I have no idea how they are now.

The most important thing you can do when selecting a daycare is to tour the place and ask questions. No matter how "stupid" you think a question is, ask it. If alarm bells are going off or something doesn't feel right, move on to another place.

Also, don't get caught up in star ratings. I have seen four star centers that were FAR superior to 5 star places.

My son also went to Concord Children's 2 years ago. My daughter graduated from the Pre K class in June. It's a great place.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:02 PM

Has anyone had any luck with people that have daycares in their homes? Or finding someone that is safe, CPR trained, and will treat kids properly? Are there background checks or any kind of certifications here in NC? We have visited about 4 daycares and found 2 we really like.

Honestly I am hesitant to finding someone online or that has a daycare in their home as your just never know peoples intentions anymore. But I did want to mention it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte