U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 09:45 AM

10,389 posts, read 19,355,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaquancs View Post
As the years pass it seams that NC is becoming more of a Liberal State. At the Moment it is Known as a Purple State. NC is Inching towards becoming a Blue State. Same-Sex Marriage Is now Legal, That Abortion law was just ruled unconstitutional. Its Only Natural to think that because of NC's more liberal Views that over time more Young people across the south and those looking for a New and refreshing home will be Looking at Nc and more Specifically Charlotte. NC Is one of the only states in the south with Same-Sex Marriage. So With Charlotte Being NC's Largest City i Can easily see LGBT people across the south/East-coast US Flocking to Charlotte in the Near Future. Do Ya'll Think that the City should start preparing now for the the possible influx of Young and LGBT Americans that will be setting their eyes on the City. The City should start transitioning from a Entertaining Older People, to Catering to the Young. In my opinion Charlotte should work on diversifying Job opportunities, Work on its Night Life and Social Atmosphere. Better Restaurants and eateries and making the City a more LGBT Desirable city. I Think that One of the biggest things Charlotte needs is its Own University System. UNCC is cool but Charlotte needs its Own Major Universities. I Wish NC would Invest in Bringing Universities to Charlotte. Also Charlotte could Use a Great Hospital, I don't mean just your run of the mill Hospital but A Research Hospital. And maybe a few Software Companies. How do you guys feel? In my Opinion if Charlotte wants to become the Next Great Southern Metro it needs to attract the Younger Demographic. what is ya'lls opinion?

IDK about this but Ive herd that some people would like there to be Bath-houses in Charlotte. Do yall think that the City would allow them?
Jaq, I don't know where you live, but I've lived in NC my whole life and am gay. I do not see people "flocking to Charlotte" (or anywhere else in NC) solely because of marriage equality, because the dominoes are falling on that issue and probably by the end of this year, it will be legal everywhere. If Utah, Idaho, and Oklahoma have marriage equality, the few that are left are not far behind.

But NC's politics are still solid Red right now, even if the population is Purple. The overturning of the intrusive, restrictive abortion law can hardly be called "liberal", and the NC Legislature is probably more conservative than at any time in History. Our formerly-moderate governor is nothing but a puppet to the powerful arch-Right forces running the NC legislature at the moment and funded by Art Pope. Even if we get a Democratic governor in 2016, the Legislature is still going to stay solidly Red for some time, thanks to the way they drew the districts in 2010.

Bath Houses are not a sign of "progress" for the gay community; they go back to a time when people were in the closet and had to have furtive, anonymous encounters instead of dating the way heterosexual couples did. The more our civil rights improve, the LESS need there is for things like Bathhouses. Already, gay bars are falling by the waysides because more and more "straight" bars don't care if you go there on a date with your same-sex partner, plus within the Community, we have so many more ways to meet people such as sports leagues, choruses, book clubs, etc.

Charlotte is never going to have a separate University System; that would be unusually expensive and make no sense. The UNC system supports UNC-C and is among the best prices for college (for in-state) in the USA.

Businesses catering to the Young will crop up as the population moves more that way--it's the law of Supply and Demand. In the meantime, maybe you should open one?

Old 01-06-2015, 09:47 AM

10,389 posts, read 19,355,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaquancs View Post
You completely missed my point. Charlottte needs Billions in Investment to apeal to young people in general...If the only thing that you got out of my OP is "Gay"..... then that really tells me that you are anti-gay. My post was about more than just Gay.
But your post is titled A more Young & LGBT Future. It makes sense.

How long have you lived in NC, just wondering? I suspect not very long at all.

Old 01-06-2015, 03:31 PM

97 posts, read 83,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
But your post is titled A more Young & LGBT Future. It makes sense.

How long have you lived in NC, just wondering? I suspect not very long at all.
You know, if you would of taken the time to read and comprehend what i wrote. You would know that My post was aimed at the future. I didnt say that they are as of the moment flocking to Charlotte. My post is about what could happen not what is happening. My post goes on the premise that if North Carolina continues to make changes that are seemingly liberal. So the time that you wasted to try and disproved what i sad was all for nothing. Nothing of what i said was of how i view NC now. My whole post was about what could and maybe should happen in the next 20 or 30 years. So i am completely sorry that you just wasted the precious time you have left to argue an argument that isnt there just because you dint read my post correctly. and i was Born and Raised in Jones County North Carolina In a town called Pollocksville which is nestled right in between New Bern and Jacksonville. So you like just about all the other commentators have assumed something about me that is gravely incorrect and have made an ass of yourself.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:01 PM

2,026 posts, read 2,040,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
I'll take a stab at it....

- Young person
- LGBT individual
- Needing "free for all" in Bath Houses
- Atheist
- Progressive Liberal
- Vegetarian
- Pro Abortion
- Pro Weed
- Free Birth Control
- Anti 2nd Amendment
- Politically Correct
- Radical Left Wing Follower

Close?
Is there something wrong with being any of these things? Maybe it's you

Old 01-08-2015, 07:34 PM

601 posts, read 789,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Is there something wrong with being any of these things? Maybe it's you
Dude, don't even bother.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:59 PM

3,749 posts, read 3,267,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
I'll take a stab at it....

- Young person
- LGBT individual
- Needing "free for all" in Bath Houses
- Atheist
- Progressive Liberal
- Vegetarian
- Pro Abortion
- Pro Weed
- Free Birth Control
- Anti 2nd Amendment
- Politically Correct
- Radical Left Wing Follower

Close?

You must be

- Fat
- Have a Rebel Flag Bumper sticker on your Wheelchair
- Racist
- Think being you're being "offensive" (as opposed to a moron)
- You support incest and live in a trailer
- Ear nothing but fried foods and probably had bypass surgery
- Very hairy down there because you believe it's a sin to shave

You sound stupid making stereotypes. Though, in your mind, you probably think you're freaking out liberals by not being politically correct...

And gay people are atheist? Vegetarians? I hate vegetables... And I don't even drink alcohol much less smoke weed...

And don't act like you wouldn't like a straight bathhouse or even hooters.... I never been to one, never plan on it but give me a break... I love how straight men, even boys, it's perfectly fine to have play boy boobies on the wall at the age of 7.

And I actually like the establishment & moderate Republicans and I love Oil. But I'm the radical, atheist, HIV ridden, radical left Wing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or