Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 10:21 AM

105 posts, read 117,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Maybe but I doubt it. It sounds to me like you're looking for a place that doesn't exist in North Carolina, although you could probably find it in Rehoboth Beach, DE. You're assuming that the majority of residents are going to want to change laws that you find restrictive but that they don't find any problems with. I can't see Charlotte becoming the Tenderloin District. You're going to have to present residents with sound reasons for wanting the same things that you do & showing them why they benefit the community as a whole. So far you haven't convinced me or probably any of the other responding posters.

Short term try working on your sentence structure and grammar. You need work in both areas. Its difficult to take someone seriously when they can't write properly. Next think about the changes that you would like to see here & think about ways to present them that would appeal to a broader base of people than just your group of friends. We like to think about the economic benefit that a project would bring to the community and how a project will benefit the community as a whole. If you're simply going to blame everyone else for not wanting what you do then you're already dead in the water.
I haven't blamed anyone for anything; Also, Obviously i'm not looking or expecting Charlotte to meet my "expectations". I know that Charlotte is not what i would like to be. I am simply making suggestions on how i think that the city could change. I haven't said anything about looking for what i segregated to be there. I was only giving my opinion on how i would like to see the city change in the future and how it looks to be changing. My grammar is perfectly suitable for this forum. Everyone here can comprehend what i am saying. I don't feel the need to use perfect grammar which is taxing; in a mere forum post. it not like I'm writing a dissertation. If it interests me i can write a grammatically proficient post, but who care to do that? No one actually talks like this so why would i casually write like this? most people write how they talk. So please don't presume anything about me, because so far you haven't gotten anything correct.

Old 01-01-2015, 03:19 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,551,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaquancs View Post
So please don't presume anything about me, because so far you haven't gotten anything correct.
I'll take a stab at it....

- Young person
- LGBT individual
- Needing "free for all" in Bath Houses
- Atheist
- Progressive Liberal
- Vegetarian
- Pro Abortion
- Pro Weed
- Free Birth Control
- Anti 2nd Amendment
- Politically Correct
- Radical Left Wing Follower

Close?

Old 01-01-2015, 08:49 PM

22 posts, read 37,633 times
Having gay friendly or mostly gay patronage at a bar would be fine considering we are in the second decade of the 21st century. But remember that charlotte is a family friendly city and having something like a bath house for people to "meet up" in the manner that they do would damage whatever neighborhood it's in and also the city reputation.

NC is becoming more and more purple but it is in the south and people are traditional and religious here. That doesn't mean people have to be against LGBT rights or whatever but it does mean they are more likely to NOT be progressive and there is nothing wrong with having their own opinions even if many people disagree with them. If you don't like the political climate of the area, don't live here.

Generally people are super friendly in Charlotte and the south overall but you will find bigoted people here (religious or not) just like you will in every other area of the country (obviously it's much less likely in LGBT havens like san fran, seattle, key west...etc).

Having lived in the south and NC for much of my life and traveled all over, most people's reaction to the LGBT community is not a strong one. I remember a friend of mine's mother talking about a mutual friend of ours who was gay. She was super religious (got pissed if you cussed and so on) but was very hyper while asking questions and excitedly chirping away about how she thinks he is so interesting and brave and so on.

Long story short: the LGBT community and people's perception is basically what you make of it. Find a nice progressive neighborhood and you'll not have a problem at all.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:15 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero0nc View Post
Having gay friendly or mostly gay patronage at a bar would be fine considering we are in the second decade of the 21st century. .....
Oh for a lot longer than that. Decades longer.

One of the oldest continuously operating Gay bars/dance clubs in the entire USA is located right in Charlotte on Freedom Drive. It's been at its present location since the mid 1970s and in Dilworth before that. And aside from 2 deliberately set arson fires that burned it completely to the ground, it's been open this entire time. (They once had the only lighted dance floor in NC like the one in Saturday Night Fever. It melted after the first fire.)

See The Scorpio for more information.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-02-2015 at 02:23 AM..

Old 01-02-2015, 10:04 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
Quote:
I haven't blamed anyone for anything; Also, Obviously i'm not looking or expecting Charlotte to meet my "expectations". I know that Charlotte is not what i would like to be. I am simply making suggestions on how i think that the city could change. I haven't said anything about looking for what i segregated to be there. I was only giving my opinion on how i would like to see the city change in the future and how it looks to be changing. My grammar is perfectly suitable for this forum. Everyone here can comprehend what i am saying. I don't feel the need to use perfect grammar which is taxing; in a mere forum post. it not like I'm writing a dissertation. If it interests me i can write a grammatically proficient post, but who care to do that? No one actually talks like this so why would i casually write like this? most people write how they talk. So please don't presume anything about me, because so far you haven't gotten anything correct.
Well from your latest paragraph I can tell that you still express yourself poorly. For example you say " I haven't said anything about looking for what i segregated to be there." What exactly do you mean by that?
If you can write proficiently then do it instead of being lazy & looking foolish. If you really talk the way that you write I'm glad that I don't know you. Carry on with your idiocy...

Old 01-05-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
I'll take a stab at it....

- Young person
- LGBT individual
- Needing "free for all" in Bath Houses
- Atheist
- Progressive Liberal
- Vegetarian
- Pro Abortion
- Pro Weed
- Free Birth Control
- Anti 2nd Amendment
- Politically Correct
- Radical Left Wing Follower

Close?
Well I am a Young person, I am gay. I have never Been to a bath house(I was asking about ya'lls opinion because ive herd ppl talk about it. You only assumed that i wanted it). I am an Atheist and a Progressive. I am not a Vegetarian I eat meat. lol. When it comes to Abortion i am for the freedom of choice. I myself would never advocate Abortion because If i was a female i would probably not get one because of my personal beliefs. I Don't do drugs including Cannabis. However i do not agree with the war on Drugs. The war on Drugs has caused The US to Incarcerate our people to an alarming high rate. Whats wrong with Birth Control? I assume you are against Abortion but you are also against Birth control, lol are you also against the use of Condoms? Thats like Fire Fighters being against using fire suits. I grew up in the country with guns. I have no problem with the 2nd Amendment. I don't believe that Guns kill people, that's just foolish. and why would i be Politically Correct? I hate political correctness. I'm the type of person that like to speak their mind. I believe that there are too many Politicians in Washington who are afraid to tell the truth. Politicians are too afraid to offend people that they never tell us what we really need to hear......the truth. I might be a Progressive Liberal but im no Democrat. The Democrats disgust me, they turned on their own principals. They are no better than those Corporate Republicans.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Well from your latest paragraph I can tell that you still express yourself poorly. For example you say " I haven't said anything about looking for what i segregated to be there." What exactly do you mean by that?
If you can write proficiently then do it instead of being lazy & looking foolish. If you really talk the way that you write I'm glad that I don't know you. Carry on with your idiocy...
I meant to say expected*. I am human and i am not perfect and i will never claim to be. I type stuff and i usually dont read over it. I dont bother. I have no reason to even stride to be perfect.... why would i place such expectations on myself? I will only disappoint myself and others in the end. I will never be perfect, so why stride to be so? I only stride to be the best version of myself i can be. Nothing more, nothing less. And if the best version me don't live to your standards then ask me if i give a damn. I don't live to please others or make others happy. My existence is not dedicated to live by your standards. I am not a selfish person and i dont live for my own benefit. I unlike many people experience great joy from making others happy. I love to dedicate myself to helping those in need. That is the reason i live. I only live for the sake of bettering the lives of others. I have been though soo much, and i have been soo fortunate to be alive that i want to help others who are struggling and who are impoverished. So sir i could care less about how you perceive me. and if you are glad "to not know me' then so be it. I hope you have a nice life and i wish you well.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:18 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,834,325 times
So Charlotte needs billions of dollars in investments to appeal to gays? Seems like an awful large amount of money for such a small demographic. And bath houses? Not happening. Sounds like Knob Hill is more to your liking aside from the real estate prices.

Old 01-06-2015, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
So Charlotte needs billions of dollars in investments to appeal to gays? Seems like an awful large amount of money for such a small demographic. And bath houses? Not happening. Sounds like Knob Hill is more to your liking aside from the real estate prices.
You completely missed my point. Charlottte needs Billions in Investment to apeal to young people in general...If the only thing that you got out of my OP is "Gay"..... then that really tells me that you are anti-gay. My post was about more than just Gay.

Old 01-06-2015, 03:07 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
I meant to say expected*. I am human and i am not perfect and i will never claim to be. I type stuff and i usually dont read over it. I dont bother. ......
I didn't bother to read whatever else you added beyond that.

If you want respect & consideration from others, you have to first be willing to show some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte