U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 08:07 AM
cfr cfr started this thread

152 posts, read 328,844 times

Advertisements

Hi friends, I have been on the computer trying to find somewhere to have my grand-daughter's fifth birthday party in April. We have been to My Gym twice already and Monkey Joes and Chuck E Cheese. I've checked into Icehouse, we don't know how to ice skate, so that's out. Atomz lab is a possibility.
Pump it up on Monroe Rd has a problem with their number receiving calls, is it still in business? Ray's Splash needs to have adults in the water. I don't think my mommies will want to do that. The more I am writing here , I am coming to realize that maybe I have exhausted all my options. Please let it not be so. All suggestions are welcome. Thank you all !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 08:17 AM

367 posts, read 558,163 times
What about renting a unit at Freedom Park? They have small covered shelters with seating where you can serve cake and stuff.

Then they have playgrounds and other stuff.

I used to live around there and it's a great place, especially in April.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:21 AM

We had her first birthday party there. Maybe we were at the wrong spot for kids. The playground was a bit away from where we were.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:58 AM

61 posts, read 95,744 times
If you're in South Charlotte, try Funky Town at the Fountains on Ardrey Kell. They have all sorts of cool dance themed parties. My daughter went to a hula hoop party there a couple of years ago and it was one of the best parties she'd ever been to.

Funkytown Parties | Birthdays, Graduations, End of Year Celebrations and more | Charlotte, NC | (704) 845-0750

Old 12-27-2014, 08:01 AM

423 posts, read 661,858 times
I'd check out Noah's Art in Blakeney. The kids always have so much fun there. Between my kids we've had 5 parties there, and we've attended many more for other kids. Everyone always has a blast.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:55 AM

7,672 posts, read 9,868,299 times
There's flour power that does all kinds of parties. From science experiments to cooking to spas etc. www.flourpowerstudios.com

Also Sky Sports are always fun. Or Adventure Landing. Nature museum also does parties next to freedom park.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:59 AM

21,881 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr View Post
Hi friends, I have been on the computer trying to find somewhere to have my grand-daughter's fifth birthday party in April. We have been to My Gym twice already and Monkey Joes and Chuck E Cheese. I've checked into Icehouse, we don't know how to ice skate, so that's out. Atomz lab is a possibility.
Pump it up on Monroe Rd has a problem with their number receiving calls, is it still in business? Ray's Splash needs to have adults in the water. I don't think my mommies will want to do that. The more I am writing here , I am coming to realize that maybe I have exhausted all my options. Please let it not be so. All suggestions are welcome. Thank you all !
If you're reasonably near an AC Moore, they do birthday parties.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:10 AM

655 posts, read 516,228 times
We went to a birthday party at Extreme Ice Center in Indian Trail. They have a private mini-rink and a teacher for 45-60 minutes that works with all the kids. And there's a room off to the side that's yours for after the party to have pizza/cake. Almost none of the kids had skated before, but they all had a good time. Parents stay on the side and watch, so no pressure for them to skate.

We did a spa birthday party at Glendi Glam in Matthews for our daughter's 4th birthday party. Every guest decorated their own t-shirt and had their nails done. Only issue with that is that it's not exactly boy friendly.

There's always Sports Connection...like Monkey Joes...you bounce a bit, rock climb, play games, eat pizza, and leave. Kids always like it there.

Adventure Landing in Pineville has mini-golf & junior go-karts.

We've been to a sports themed party at the Morrison YMCA. Shoot basketballs and footballs in a gym, then pizza and cake after. I think they have some other themed party ideas there too.

There's Sew Fun Parties that does sewing parties for girls.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:19 AM

94 posts, read 185,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post
If you're in South Charlotte, try Funky Town at the Fountains on Ardrey Kell. They have all sorts of cool dance themed parties. My daughter went to a hula hoop party there a couple of years ago and it was one of the best parties she'd ever been to.

Funkytown Parties | Birthdays, Graduations, End of Year Celebrations and more | Charlotte, NC | (704) 845-0750
DS went to a girl's 5 year party here and LOVED it. He recently went to Atomzlab and also loved it.

Or you could do a painting pottery party.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:06 PM

WOW, you guys are awesome ! There will be boys there also. Great suggestions. Don't give up on me now. The more options the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or