U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 07:20 PM

7 posts, read 21,839 times

Advertisements

I found a house that I really like in Waxhaw, however the area seems to be a little bit "lonely", I would appreciate your comments about the area . Is it really too far from the action ?

Last edited by mezr; 01-05-2008 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 07:22 PM

673 posts, read 2,438,508 times
That depends on what your concept of "too far" is. I live in Waxhaw, and while I had a hard time getting used to how far everything seemed to be at first, I am used to it now. Waxhaw really has that small town feel, especially as you get closer to the downtown area. They are also building more retail in the area.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:23 PM

379 posts, read 505,554 times
Waxhaw's zip code covers quite an area. Are you talking about the town of Waxhaw? Can you give us an intersection to go by?

I wouldn't say that all of "Waxhaw" is lonely though.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:29 PM

7 posts, read 21,839 times
Default Infrimation on Waxhaw

I am talking about Millbridge, west of 16 and north of 75 just 5 minutes from downtown Waxhaw.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:49 PM

379 posts, read 505,554 times
That area is really developing fast! We live in an area near there. When we moved in it was serious countryside. Now, 5 years later, we are completely surrounded (we were 3 years ago). The thing is, the prices are probably going to go up as the area fills in.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:56 PM

124 posts, read 399,150 times
Remember that Millbridge is a developing community, with not all that many houses built in it yet. I live in Cureton, and definately wouldn't call the area lonely- you're 10 minutes from downtown Waxhaw, which has some cute shops and restaurants! Granted, you're a bit of a drive from the museums, galleries and whatnot of Charlotte, but this is the suburbs!

Once Cureton Town Center and Prescot Village go up, this area will be hopping, and once the town park near Kensington is finished, there will be quite a bit going on!

It's rough now because it's winter time, too. In the summer, people congregate at the pool, playground and other outdoor spots. When it's cold, like it has been, people tend to stay inside.

Hang in there, and things will pick up!

Old 01-05-2008, 10:20 PM

40 posts, read 83,237 times
Millbridge is projected to be around 2500 homes at build out - roughly doubling the current size of Waxhaw. There is a great deal of both residential and commercial development underway in Waxhaw as well as in adjacent Lancaster County. In fact, the Edenmoor development (in SC) will stretch from Millbridge to Highway 521 where, rumor has it, there will also be a commercial "power center" - a shopping center with stores like Bed, Bath & Beyond, World Market, Michael's, etc. Meanwhile, Waxhaw itself is projected to grow to app. 35,000 residents within the next 15-20 years.

If you are interested in seeing what projects are currently approved for Waxhaw, you might be interested in looking over a presentation that the planning staff in Waxhaw put together for our December meeting which details all projects underway as well as those that have been approved but have not yet been built. You may request a copy from our Town Hall by calling 704-843-2195 or emailing Town Manager Mike McLaurin at mmclaurin@waxhaw.com. I have also requested that the presentation be posted on the town website: www.waxhaw.com. (broken link)

Old 01-06-2008, 07:19 AM

807 posts, read 2,045,668 times
What is going to built at Prescot? Is there going to be another Target? I like Target but they are getting as common as Harris Teeter. Rumor has it a Lowes or Home Depot on the corner of 16 and Cuthberston. Can anybody tell us if this is fact or fiction?

Old 01-06-2008, 09:30 AM

510 posts, read 1,587,324 times
What about schools for all these homes? What year are they going to be built by?

Old 01-06-2008, 10:21 AM

124 posts, read 399,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrgm View Post
What is going to built at Prescot? Is there going to be another Target? I like Target but they are getting as common as Harris Teeter. Rumor has it a Lowes or Home Depot on the corner of 16 and Cuthberston. Can anybody tell us if this is fact or fiction?

According to 2 reps I spoke to from GS Carolina, Lowes will be breaking ground in the spring at 16 and Cuthbertson.

There's a GS Carolina office in Cureton Town Center, to the left of Harris Teeter, all the way at the end. They're full of information!

The Cuthbertson Schools are scheduled to open in 2009. As far as I know, the elementary school for Millbridge will still be Kensington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte