Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 10:31 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,242,923 times

Advertisements

Thanks.

I was thinking about moving because I can get 1 mil for my house right now. I don't want to work so hard either.

Does it snow there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 4,160 times
Hey Guys, I See These Posts Are From A While Ago. I Am From Calif. Looking To Buy I Nice Home Around Charlotte To Rent. What Are The Rental Prices And Are There Too Many Rental Homes There. I Dont Want To Get Taken Advantage Of By Realtors Who Just Want To Sell To Me.
Realtor From Ca. Joanna.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:38 PM

1 posts, read 4,176 times
Default the great Charlotte

look by Ballantyne, nc.
this is a unique city inside charlotte area

Old 01-07-2008, 06:55 AM

170 posts, read 641,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Thanks.

I was thinking about moving because I can get 1 mil for my house right now. I don't want to work so hard either.

Does it snow there?

Well you can get a nice house, depending on where you want to live, for well under a million... if you get in to some of the nicer areas, like Ballantyne or Piper Glen, The Peninsula, or The Point...you are going in to the million $$ range, or slightly there under, like ($700,000-over $1million, plus).

Yes it does snow....rarely though. I've been here 4yrs and have seen NO snow...but they do tell me it does snow, some winters!

Old 01-07-2008, 06:59 AM

170 posts, read 641,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joannasellspleasanton View Post
Hey Guys, I See These Posts Are From A While Ago. I Am From Calif. Looking To Buy I Nice Home Around Charlotte To Rent. What Are The Rental Prices And Are There Too Many Rental Homes There. I Dont Want To Get Taken Advantage Of By Realtors Who Just Want To Sell To Me.
Realtor From Ca. Joanna.

Hey Joanna, I am a realtor as well. I am mostly centered in the Lake Norman area, outside of Charlotte so I cannot speak to Charlotte, so much...maybe someone else will be able to help you with that...but as far as the Lake Norman area goes, particularly in the Huntersville area, we have a lot of rentals and it is a great place for investors to buy rental homes. I have one investor from N.Y. that I work with that has purchased two, and is on his way to his third-- all in Huntersville. Huntersville is a good location as it is closest to Charlotte without being in "the city" --the commute is not so bad if you need to drive in to Charlotte for work. My investor gets $1100 for a 3/2 townhome and $1300 for a 4/3 sfr. Hope that helps!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:45 AM

513 posts, read 2,102,617 times
With a million to spend, and if your teenagers want to be close to good shopping, I'd definitely look at SouthPark. The Morrocroft neighborhood is beautiful, and there are many others. Also, Ballantyne and Quail Hollow. It occasionally snows in Charlotte. Last winter we had one snow day - we got about 3-4 inches. It melted by the next day. I remember a winter about 7 years ago where we had 3 storms that dumped about a foot of snow on us each time! Many years we go with no snow at all. You never know if we will see snow or not from year to year. But, if you want snow, the mountains are 2 hours away and you can ski and see snow there pretty much all winter!

Last edited by marblmom; 01-07-2008 at 08:18 AM..

Old 01-07-2008, 05:47 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,242,923 times
Are the areas around downtown safe? What areas should I avoid?

Old 05-06-2008, 04:41 AM

10 posts, read 70,448 times
Default Eastover House - Nice Real Estate Investment

Eastover is great for everything. Gorgeous safe walking to top shops, cafes, parks, peaceful bike riding, etc. Elegant Mint Museum is right there (for rainy days).

Avoid the worsening traffic jam commutes and doubling gas prices, because Eastover is the closest most central exclusive oasis.

Most Eastover Homes are $1mil -$4mil McMansions with fancy yards (Bank CEOs are ~ $5mil+ in Eastover). Since WVa Coal has just doubled (Duke Energy predicts black-outs to justify building more expensive coal fired energy) and the droughts are incr prices while restricting yard watering...your 3/2 for $1mil for the right deal is smart - less is more.

Moderator cut: TOS Violation
With power brokers overdeveloping growth/sprawl, the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater with real estate. But when small buyers uncover small gems, they buy site unseen.

Last edited by autumngal; 05-17-2008 at 07:50 PM..

Old 05-06-2008, 08:43 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,514,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Are the areas around downtown safe? What areas should I avoid?

Uptown Charlotte is THE safest area to live in the entire city.

Nicest part of Charlotte is definately Eastover followed by Myers Park.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:35 AM

797 posts, read 3,281,546 times
You can get a nice luxurious house in Ballantyne Country club or Piper Glen C.C for 1M. I prefer those over older houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte