Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:24 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what the nicest area of Charlotte is. I really like the city and I might move there. Nothing definite, just curiously searching the nation for places I like.

So, I would have about 1 mil to spend on a 3/2 house, maybe with a pool. What are the nicest areas I should look at?

Thanks for any responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 04:47 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,452,390 times
The Myers Park and Eastover areas are very nice! $1 million for a 3/2?! I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the home prices here.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:28 PM

24 posts, read 73,270 times
Piper Glen? Or Maybe a place on the Lake .

Old 01-06-2008, 05:31 PM

7 posts, read 30,951 times
Default Charlotte upscale area

Myers Park or anywhere in Southpark.. Myers Park is an older stately area.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:51 PM

170 posts, read 644,154 times
North of Charlotte-- the Lake Norman area, on the lake.

Towns on the lake are Cornelius, Denver, Mooresville, Sherrills Ford, Troutman...VERY nice and some exclusive communities around the lake too!

Old 01-06-2008, 06:27 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Just wondering what the nicest area of Charlotte is. I really like the city and I might move there. Nothing definite, just curiously searching the nation for places I like.

So, I would have about 1 mil to spend on a 3/2 house, maybe with a pool. What are the nicest areas I should look at?

Thanks for any responses.

You would be able to buy pretty much anywhere in this area. What is really important to you in a home? Do you want to be near uptown? If so, you likely wouldn't get a pool but I would suggest Eastover, Myers Park, Dilworth or Elizabeth. If you want to be near Lake Norman, probably The Point or The Peninsula. More of a country club setting -- River Run, Ballantyne Country Club, Longview, Firethorne, the Palisades (also The Point and The Peninsula). A bunch of other areas might work as well, again, depending on what is most important to you -- Southpark, Conservatory, Quail Hollow, Kingsmead, Highgate, Providence Downs, Chatelaine, Skycroft (note the last group is south of Charlotte and Union County).

For what you can spend, you will likely get a bigger house than a 3/2. I would discuss what you are looking for with your realtor, and have them start sending you listings. Depending on where you are moving from I think you will be very happy with what your money can buy here

Old 01-06-2008, 09:03 PM

Preferably a family friendly area with fun, safe areas and shopping centers for teenagers to walk around in.

Does it snow at all in Charlotte?

Old 01-06-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Preferably a family friendly area with fun, safe areas and shopping centers for teenagers to walk around in.

I'm biased, I know...I live here, but look at Mooresville...or Cornelius...

Are you from L.A.? Born and raised Californian here...grew up in Whittier

Old 01-06-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmls View Post
I'm biased, I know...I live here, but look at Mooresville...or Cornelius...

Are you from L.A.? Born and raised Californian here...grew up in Whittier
Yep, born and raised.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Yep, born and raised.

ahhhhh very good!!! A fellow Californian...

and you're considering making a move--away?

Must admit, I didn't want to go...but when given the opportunity to move back-- I didn't want to go either...

Lot's I miss from California, but even more things I don't!

Good luck if you choose to move here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte