Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:56 PM

3 posts, read 8,472 times

Advertisements

I wanted information about both good public and private elementary schools n and around Davidson. Is the public school system good in the area or are private schools better. What about Catholic schools. I will really appreciate inputs on the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 05:50 AM

170 posts, read 642,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paps View Post
I wanted information about both good public and private elementary schools n and around Davidson. Is the public school system good in the area or are private schools better. What about Catholic schools. I will really appreciate inputs on the above.
In the Davidson "town" I do not believe that there are any public schools??? I could be wrong, but there are schools nearby in Cornelius and Huntersville. Davidson is a part of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg School District. See website below.

For private schools- Davidson has a GREAT one, Davidson Day School.

Nearby in Concord is another good private school- The Cannon School.

As for Catholic Schools in the area-- there's only one, in Huntersville, St. Marks Catholic School.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools

Davidson Day School

Saint Mark Catholic School

Please wait...

Old 01-07-2008, 01:18 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,394,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmls View Post
In the Davidson "town" I do not believe that there are any public schools??? I could be wrong, but there are schools nearby in Cornelius and Huntersville. Davidson is a part of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg School District. See website below.

For private schools- Davidson has a GREAT one, Davidson Day School.

Nearby in Concord is another good private school- The Cannon School.

As for Catholic Schools in the area-- there's only one, in Huntersville, St. Marks Catholic School.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools

Davidson Day School

Saint Mark Catholic School

Please wait...

You are wrong

Davidson Elementary is highly rated and sought after by homebuyers. In addition, there is nearby Cornelius Elementary which is also well regarded.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:17 PM

170 posts, read 642,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You are wrong

Davidson Elementary is highly rated and sought after by homebuyers. In addition, there is nearby Cornelius Elementary which is also well regarded.
I wasn't sure there was an elementary in Davidson, as I stated above...

Personally I don't know a thing about Davidson Elementary?

I do know exactly where Cornelius Elementary is...and said there was one in Cornelius.

Where is Davidson Elementary located in Davidson?

Old 01-07-2008, 02:24 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,933,063 times
If your coming from Moorseville there will be a CVS on your left after you pass the College. The Road sort of makes a "Y" at the light. The ice cream place is on the right. Turn left there. Not sure of the Road name.

Cornelius is on Catawba Ave near downtown. Across the street from the library. There is also J.V. Washam in Cornelius that is on Westmoreland which is less than 5 mins from Cornelius Elementary.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:39 PM

41 posts, read 82,174 times
Davidson Elementary school is located at the end of South Street past the CVS as described.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:18 AM

104 posts, read 337,690 times
Anyone know if I have to apply for teaching positions directly through CMS website? My husband and I finally feel like we have found the place for us to relocate.....Davidson! I will going on school visits Jan. 18 and that weekend seeing places to live. Thank you all so much for your help. Now I need to start applying for teaching positions. PHEW!

Old 01-08-2008, 11:42 AM

3 posts, read 8,472 times
Thank you for all the inputs about schools. I appreciate it. It will be nice if anybody could give me some feedback about Davidson Elementary School. I am very much a pro public school person, but heard from someone that the school is a little overcrowded. Is that true. And what about safety. SHould that be a concern at the elemntary level.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:44 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,933,063 times
Davidson is highly sought after. The entire town is a desirable place. Cornelius is not that bad either IMO.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:48 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,394,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
Davidson is highly sought after. The entire town is a desirable place. Cornelius is not that bad either IMO.
Bingo - though I am not quite sure if there is any overcrowding at Davidson elementary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte