U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2015, 03:00 PM

8 posts, read 7,172 times

Advertisements

We are moving from Tampa to Charlotte this summer. We've made quite a few trips and have narrowed areas down to Waxhaw/Marvin, Weddington, Fort Mill. My husband and I both work from home so commute is not an issue; schools are most important, as we have one child entering HS and one entering MS in the fall 2015.

I am really hoping to find a realtor who can point us in the direction of possible neighborhoods that would fit our needs/wants. We will be there this weekend and although I have an idea of what to drive by, I am sure there are areas I don't even know about that could be a good match for us.

Price range in $400000-$550000. Looking for a larger lot, wooded, private....in a desirable neighborhood on the newer side. I run (a lot) and would love to be able to run right outside my front door, or maybe have a nearby area for longer runs. I see that many neighborhoods say they have walking trails, but I am not sure how many miles or what this means exactly.

We do not want to live in country club community or in area with much more expensive homes.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good realtor for this area and price range, (preferably female as I will be making some trips alone and am more comfortable with a female)?

Thank you for reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 07:31 PM

85 posts, read 109,099 times
Many, many, many cheaper homes in Union County than what you're looking to pay. I live in a neighborhood in the low $200's in UC with a 40 acre private park and 2 running streams with miles of running trails. Don't pay that much unless you just want to spend the money!

Old 01-13-2015, 06:05 AM

8 posts, read 7,172 times
I'd be happy to pay less if we can find what we are looking for! What is the name of your neighborhood? It sounds like one I should look at.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:10 AM

1,547 posts, read 2,170,034 times
You will need to find one licensed in each or both states.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:35 PM

85 posts, read 109,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casaminc View Post
I'd be happy to pay less if we can find what we are looking for! What is the name of your neighborhood? It sounds like one I should look at.
Sent you a Private message.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:12 AM

625 posts, read 200,232 times
Springfield in Fort Mill would be a great fit for your price range and what you're looking for. The Anne Springs Close Greenway is across the street from the neighborhood. The neighborhood has larger lots and a good variety to choose from. You'd be down the street from the middle school and across the street from the High School.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:23 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,687,886 times
I'm not currently in active brokerage but am a member of a local network and would be happy to refer you to one of the best in those areas. Send me a pm if you're interested.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:26 PM

117 posts, read 142,006 times
I recommend Debbie Sue Taylor, she is a great realtor and she is licensed on both NC/SC. I bought/sold 3 houses with her and she is really knowledgeable and well connected. She responds to you quickly too.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:28 PM

97 posts, read 98,290 times
Sorry but if your moving to UC for schools, please know that you buy a house - not into the school district. We went through an ugly redistricting last year and they do so about every 3yrs..no one seems "safe"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte