U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 01:02 PM

21,872 posts, read 27,138,998 times

Advertisements

For anyone over 25 I would suggest that, in addition to meetup events you should check area library websites. I know that it might not sound like what you're after, but, for instance, the main library in Gastonia has lectures, authors discussing their books, concerts providing a variety of music, movies geared for adults, etc. Cost is free. You can't beat that, & you are likely to meet people with a similar interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 12:42 AM

95 posts, read 135,751 times
Charlotte > Austin. I lived there from 2006 to 2012.. And since I've left every time I go back I hate leaving, always a great time.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:45 PM

1,366 posts, read 1,103,027 times
27 and single, I'd give Charlotte a thumbs up for you. I'm also single but in my 40s. I lived in Charlotte last year for a brief period before moving away due to it being a poor fit. However, I observed that the nightlife definitely catered to more of the 20s-30s crowd. Try to live in Uptown/South End though. The suburbs are way too sleepy & romantic for singles, IMO.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:52 AM

123 posts, read 179,276 times
Great topic. I am looking to move to Charlotte in June or July this year. I have been not too far away in Greenville SC for a while. There is a huge gap here in the demographic group of educated people from 25-45 years old overall. Especially unmarried, reasonably attractive, cool women in that age group. I have visited friends in Charlotte over the past year and it is like the world is in color again when I am there! People are so open and friendly (and the ladies are SO beautiful! A friend said to me that seeing many educated, attractive women 20-40 years old are the best indicator of a prosperous, thriving area.) On the Austin vs Charlotte question, I did a "where in the US should you live?" profiler and it said Austin would be my ideal city, but I know I wouldn't like to live in Texas.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:46 AM

570 posts, read 541,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle721 View Post
Thanks for your input everyone! Although Austin was a great city, I have decided to make the move to Charlotte! I'll keep my fingers crossed that there are others in Charlotte hoping to meet new people as well
For what it's worth, Austin seems to wind up high in a lot of rankings of best cities for singles. Here are a couple:

America's Best Cities for Singles- Page 5 - Articles | Travel + Leisure

Best, worst cities for singles

Charlotte is ranked among the worst:

Charlotte One Of The Worst Cities For Singles

Old 01-30-2015, 11:04 AM

3,452 posts, read 3,132,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichard View Post
For what it's worth, Austin seems to wind up high in a lot of rankings of best cities for singles. Here are a couple:

Lol, when a list starts with Boise,ID....I know this list wasn't created with Black folk in mind. And Austin isn't a great place for Black-anything (nice town though)...ya'll can keep that overhyped frat party.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:01 PM

1,366 posts, read 1,103,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Lol, when a list starts with Boise,ID....I know this list wasn't created with Black folk in mind. And Austin isn't a great place for Black-anything (nice town though)...ya'll can keep that overhyped frat party.
lol Totally agree! Texas in general is VERY overrated if you ask my opinion. On the other hand, I really wanted to love Charlotte. But, as a single lady I found it utterly depressing. I cried almost everyday when I lived there.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:39 PM

118 posts, read 259,587 times
I was debating between Texas and Charlotte....I chose Charlotte, moving there in March! I do really like Texas also though, it wasn't that easy of a choice.

If you want depressing try up north with the awful winters.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:40 AM

170 posts, read 197,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichard View Post

If you click the link and read it it says "among the worst for single Women"...not men ;-)

It shows a ratio of 74 gainfully employed adult single males for every 100 gainfully employed adult single females.

So if you're a female it's not a good thing, if you're a male it's a GREAt thing.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:40 AM

3,452 posts, read 3,132,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely40 View Post
lol Totally agree! Texas in general is VERY overrated if you ask my opinion. On the other hand, I really wanted to love Charlotte. But, as a single lady I found it utterly depressing. I cried almost everyday when I lived there.
No offense but I don't think relocating was the answer to your dating woes or social issues...sounds a bit more deeper than Charlotte being the culprit, crying?...yikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or