Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2015, 06:18 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,338,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeitsch View Post
My husband is taking a new job in Pineville and we need an apartment that accepts dogs (lab so must take larger breeds). He'll have 12 hour shifts so we're looking for on site pet care and dog park. It will be challenging going from a house to an apt so we're pretty particular on the quality of the apartment. But can't afford a lot because we'll be paying for two places. Advice? Recommendations?
Apartment complexes with on site pet care? Is that a thing?

What's your budget?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 07:06 PM

497 posts, read 1,693,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicamelliott View Post
My husband and I are moving to Charlotte in 43 days!!!
I'm 26 and he's 31. We do not have any children, but we have two fur babies. ���� We are both from the Boston area and we've never even been to Charlotte before. Should be a fun change! ��
I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys! I also live in the Boston (north shore0 area and am strongly considering moving to Charlotte within the next year or so. I love the Boston area but it's way too expensive and this past winter nearly killed me. Definitely getting excited about the possibility of a change! Best wishes!

Old 10-15-2015, 08:51 AM

2 posts, read 4,106 times
Default moving to Charlotte club

Did everyone move? How is it going? Did anyone find another area that they liked better? Will be moving from California to NC (Raleigh or Charlotte?) in 2016....just doing more research....

Old 10-17-2015, 07:13 AM

23 posts, read 62,664 times
We moved to Mooresville from Boston 5 years ago. There are plenty of people from Massachusetts here so welcome! Pm me if you need info. Good luck!

Old 10-18-2015, 07:55 AM

6 posts, read 16,681 times
My move to Charlotte from NY is not for another 4 years or so (when my daughter graduates from high school) but I'm starting early in my research, realizing that a lot can change in the area in that amount of time. I'll be working from home so a job isn't an issue. My sister lives in Stanley and while I'd like to be no further than about 15 or 20 minutes from her, I want to find someplace (an apartment to start) that's close to restaurants, cafes, (yoga studio perhaps?), but not too expensive and not too overrun by college students. Diversity is a big desire also. Really looking forward to it.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:11 PM

3 posts, read 7,768 times
Default Living and working in Charlotte

Hi All,

I have lived and worked in Charlotte for the past 8 years. I moved from upstate NY, I also had to get used to the difference between Uptown and Downtown.

Charlotte is a pretty well diverse city that caters to many demographics, especially the young professional. I lived in Raleigh before Charlotte, also a great city, and in my experience I found that the culture leans more towards the college demographic, more than likely because of the amount of colleges in the Triangle area.

Happy to chat with anyone wanting to know more. Please feel free to email, Me@HilaryDaniel.com

Old 10-19-2015, 08:19 AM

3 posts, read 4,447 times
Default Moved from FL 3 months ago...LOVE IT HERE!

As my title states, I was a lifelong resident of Miami, FL....
We decided to make the move although my hubby doesn't have a job yet. He still works in FL and comes every other weekend. We've been longing to move here for 5 years....Some people may think we r crazy but we decided to do it a little backwards for the following reasons....
1. Our kids are 12 and 15. It was either now or never.
2. We wanted to make sure we liked it before hub quit his job in FL.
3. Homes are much bigger for your money.
4. Sick of the humidity and boring lack of seasons.

My kids go to Ardrey Kell and Community Hs Middle. I could not ask for better schools!
The principal at AK is AMAZING! He runs a tight ship and has great communication with parents.

YOLO!

Old 11-10-2015, 06:38 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sktfrk View Post
Thanks Riley09swb for your post. Nice to know someone else that lived in NOVA. We lived very close to Dulles airport as well. We started checking out houses in the area, both new and old. Planing to wait a little longer.
We lived in Dominion Station off of 28.

We moved back for about 16 months back in 2010. We rented a house out in Purcellville because we wanted to be in a SFH and not pay 3-4K. I was so glad when we moved back down here. While I enjoyed the small town feel of P-Ville, it was great to be back to where everything isn't so far and spread out.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:47 PM

8 posts, read 15,981 times
Smile hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiheaven View Post
I'm here! We are moving from Durham, NC this summer. My kids are 6 and 8, and schools are a major concern. I'm looking to spend around 325,000.
Just wondering if you've moved? Found anything and what about public schools?

Old 11-12-2015, 07:32 AM

8 posts, read 16,908 times
Hi!

I would like more information about Charlotte. How are the jobs there? Do they pay well? Is the cost of living affordable such as childcare? Is this a good place to start a small business?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte