Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 06:57 AM

2,411 posts, read 2,690,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRobinson10 View Post
Thanks! And yes we need to plan for all of the above!
Nashville is full of racial tension,which I understand is all over but smh it's terrible! Im looking for spring /summer festivals, museums, reasonable housing( not skyrocket prices), decent education systems, great weather, prominent nightlife and close proximity to other great cities for travel, also a great entrepreneur's scene!
Some of the spring festivals that occur in Charlotte:

- St. Patrick's Day Bar Crawl in Uptown
- Wanderlust at Bearden Park
- Rural Hill Loch Norman Highland Games
- Tuck Fest at the Whitewater Center
- Moo & Brew Craft Beer & Burger Festival
- Charlotte Black Film Festival
- Pet Palooza at Independence Park
- University City Wine Fest
- Kings Drive Art Walk
- NC Beer and Brewers Festival at Rural Hill
- Beer, Bourbon, and BBQ Festival at Symphony Park
- Charlotte DragonBoat Festival on Lake Norman
- Kinfolk Soul Food Music Festival

There are often free concerts at the Whitewater Center (pay for parking) in the spring.

Your budget for housing will determine neighborhood recommendations. Are you looking to start a business if you move here?

Charlotte is within 2.5 hours of Asheville, Raleigh-Durham, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Columbia SC, Greenville, SC, and Blacksburg, VA.

Within 3.5 to 5 hours you have cities like Charleston, SC; Atlanta ; Richmond, VA; Knoxville, TN ; Savannah, GA ; Wilmington, NC ; Charlottesville, VA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 08:09 AM

592 posts, read 589,447 times
Quote:
Thanks! And yes we need to plan for all of the above!
Nashville is full of racial tension,which I understand is all over but smh it's terrible! Im looking for spring /summer festivals, museums, reasonable housing( not skyrocket prices), decent education systems, great weather, prominent nightlife and close proximity to other great cities for travel, also a great entrepreneur's scene!
Racial tension in Nashville? Where? lol

Old 03-15-2018, 09:55 AM

13 posts, read 36,145 times
Quote:
I'm a black American female, the looks I get and slight disrespect, and guess what I don't even have to part my lips, plus housing is to expensive for no reason! Thanks for responding!
I know I shouldn’t be shocked, but I’m so sorry to hear this... that’s horrific.

I haven’t found Charlotte real estate to be cheap by any means, close to center of Charlotte (location, location, location...) I find it to be expensive... outside the 485 loop (beltway?) it’s more reasonable. We found a killer house by Meritage in the Palisades area for ~ $575k. And it’s >5k sq. Foot. living area. Of course property taxes compared to NJ are much cheaper. $6-7k a year vs. $20k a year if it was in NJ. and with this new “tax reform.. ahem” I lose my property tax tax write off (SALT) above $10k and it’s had a secondary effect of depressing my NJ home value by approx. 10%.. ohhh, yes I’m really thrilled. (Sarcasm).

Inside the loop and close to the center $700k and up, gets a small 1940’s rancher it seems.

Old 03-15-2018, 04:07 PM

8 posts, read 23,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
Some of the spring festivals that occur in Charlotte:

- St. Patrick's Day Bar Crawl in Uptown
- Wanderlust at Bearden Park
- Rural Hill Loch Norman Highland Games
- Tuck Fest at the Whitewater Center
- Moo & Brew Craft Beer & Burger Festival
- Charlotte Black Film Festival
- Pet Palooza at Independence Park
- University City Wine Fest
- Kings Drive Art Walk
- NC Beer and Brewers Festival at Rural Hill
- Beer, Bourbon, and BBQ Festival at Symphony Park
- Charlotte DragonBoat Festival on Lake Norman
- Kinfolk Soul Food Music Festival

There are often free concerts at the Whitewater Center (pay for parking) in the spring.

Your budget for housing will determine neighborhood recommendations. Are you looking to start a business if you move here?

Charlotte is within 2.5 hours of Asheville, Raleigh-Durham, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Columbia SC, Greenville, SC, and Blacksburg, VA.

Within 3.5 to 5 hours you have cities like Charleston, SC; Atlanta ; Richmond, VA; Knoxville, TN ; Savannah, GA ; Wilmington, NC ; Charlottesville, VA
Thanks this helped me so much! Yes, we are looking to start a business!

Old 03-15-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w2ge View Post
I know I shouldn’t be shocked, but I’m so sorry to hear this... that’s horrific.

I haven’t found Charlotte real estate to be cheap by any means, close to center of Charlotte (location, location, location...) I find it to be expensive... outside the 485 loop (beltway?) it’s more reasonable. We found a killer house by Meritage in the Palisades area for ~ $575k. And it’s >5k sq. Foot. living area. Of course property taxes compared to NJ are much cheaper. $6-7k a year vs. $20k a year if it was in NJ. and with this new “tax reform.. ahem†I lose my property tax tax write off (SALT) above $10k and it’s had a secondary effect of depressing my NJ home value by approx. 10%.. ohhh, yes I’m really thrilled. (Sarcasm).

Inside the loop and close to the center $700k and up, gets a small 1940’s rancher it seems.
Oh no....! Thanks for the heads up! Property taxes 😐😐😕😕 smh!

Old 03-15-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Some, not a lot. Whats your budget?
I will be probably looking into foreclosure around 150s in the next 2years!

Old 03-15-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
Racial tension in Nashville? Where? lol
All over! ✌🏾

Old 03-15-2018, 06:33 PM

592 posts, read 589,447 times
Quote:
All over! ✌��
Interesting.. cause I live here and a Black male. If anything you probably witnessed areas that are experiencing rapid gentrification, which can cause tension to a degree. Just not sure it was necessarily racial. Not to say there's no racism which can be experienced anywhere but racial tension seems like a reach. That being said, have visited Charlotte many times and is nice, you may enjoy it more.

Last edited by jkc2j; 03-15-2018 at 06:41 PM..

Old 03-17-2018, 09:25 PM

28 posts, read 44,400 times
Default Finally responding to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbysale View Post
My wife and I are considering the move from Indianapolis since it looks like I will be taking a job at the Wells Fargo Customer Care Center. How are you liking Wells Fargo and Charlotte?
So far I can't stand Charlotte. I actually only logged into City-Data because I'm already researching options to move away from this terrible place. It was actually even worse than I expected.

Crime is horrible. We never feel safe here.

There is absolutely no local culture. And people think that hopping onto 4 different highways to see something in the same city is normal.

It's the worst place I've ever lived, and I regret moving here every single day.

I am going to finish out my lease term and then get away from here as fast as possible.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:31 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Quote:
I will be probably looking into foreclosure around 150s in the next 2years!
Thats going to be very difficult to pull off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte