Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 09:52 PM

19 posts, read 59,116 times

Advertisements

according to the sales rep out there, they started building the condos this past week. Hope that helps!!! I'd love to connect with any of you soon-to-be or current residents of Park South Station (i am moving in late May most likely).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 07:30 AM

17 posts, read 66,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte22 View Post
Has anyone heard anything about the condos? I'm in the first condo building and we're supposed to be in May/ June but it doesn't look like they're anywhere near starting to build on the lot.
Im in the first building as well and I do believe they started working this past week. Im very excited and patiently waiting. Ive been under contract since January 07.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:33 PM

3 posts, read 7,312 times
Great, thanks! I also heard from a sales rep and it seems that they're ready to get started on the condos. I'm really looking forward to it!

Old 02-20-2008, 02:29 PM

49 posts, read 146,621 times
What upgrades are you guys doing with Guardian?

Old 02-20-2008, 04:27 PM

I added some of the security features (heat detector and monitored smoke alarm) and a 1 room speaker package in my family room.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey123 View Post
What upgrades are you guys doing with Guardian?
I have the condo. I added the default security features. I added surround sound throughout. The pet sensors and heat sensors. We were still waiting to understand our intercom/video situation being that we are in a building. Been awhile since I picked that stuff out.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:06 AM

I believe I got the pet sensor, but what is the heat sensor do? (is that the same as the smoke detector?)

Old 02-21-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey123 View Post
I believe I got the pet sensor, but what is the heat sensor do? (is that the same as the smoke detector?)
Actually, I meant the detector that the other person posted. I thought I added that. I have a smoke detector as well. But, honestly, it has been over a year since I looked; i think i did this in March 07.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:14 PM

I purchased a Quartermaine w/o the garage but getting 700 sqft basement. I'm meeting with Guardian next week to discuss where to put cable, phone etc... I also upgraded and got the fireplace where I'm going to place a TV above.
Any recommendation or advice before I meet with these guys?
Thanks again guys.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:52 PM

Default guardian

hey mickey, i just ordered all of that stuff. Because the townhomes are built on concrete slabs, you have to really think ahead about the wiring issues (for example if you ever want satellite you need to pay to add 3 extra cable lines coming in from the outside to the central box). I added those extra lines, several extra cable outets, the heat detector in the attic (near the water heater), the monitored smoke alarm at the top of my stairs, the 2 way voice with an extra unit upstairs so it can double as an intercom, and I got the pet motion detector. I also added the 5 speaker package in my family room with a patio speaker on the back (expensive but my little splurge). I did a prewire over my fireplace for my TV. They have lots of options and the guy I met with was great! He is much more well informed and flexible than I have found the Ryan sales folks to be (although they have been very nice, I find you really have to push them to get what you want). Send me a PM if you have any specific questions on pricing etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte