Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2008, 11:12 AM

198 posts, read 641,751 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I just recently joined and have found this forum to contain a lot of very helpful information. Now I have a question of my own ...

My husband and I will be moving to Charlotte in May of 2008. We will begin househunting next month (Feb 08) and are thrilled to get started. I was hoping for some recommendations for nice neighborhoods?

My husband wants to have no more than a 20-25 minute commute to uptown (where he'll be working). We're looking to spend $350-$400 to get a large family home in a nice neighborhood (newer homes, safe area, mature trees, spacious lots, established neighbors, etc).

We took a tour with a realtor and saw several nice developments off Park, south of uptown, particularly one called Cameron Woods. There are beautiful listings in Dillworth and Meyer Park, but I think we're priced out of that area. Online, I've noticed a lot of nice listings in Mint Hill, and also in a development called Brantley Oaks. Anyone know anything about these areas? Based on what we've seen online so far, we're leaning towards south of uptown, or just inside the beltway east of uptown.

Thanks so much for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 11:29 AM

3 posts, read 9,549 times
My wife and I are in somewhat of the same boat. We haven't made the plunge yet, but from what everyone says on this board and from my own research/investigation, I would highly recommend checking out the Cotswold area.

You are less than 4 miles to uptown (still can be ~15-20 minute commute to uptown with rush hour traffic), you have great family style homes and lots, great schools, close to Southpark mall, grocery stores, restaurants, and other amenities, and still great value for what you get house-wise.

For that price, you can still likely get in Cotswold, especially that area which is west of Randolph Rd. I would try to be south of Wendover and north of Sharon Amity and be west of Randolph and east of monroe. Good luck!

Old 01-10-2008, 11:43 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM08 View Post
Hello all, I just recently joined and have found this forum to contain a lot of very helpful information. Now I have a question of my own ...

My husband and I will be moving to Charlotte in May of 2008. We will begin househunting next month (Feb 08) and are thrilled to get started. I was hoping for some recommendations for nice neighborhoods?

My husband wants to have no more than a 20-25 minute commute to uptown (where he'll be working). We're looking to spend $350-$400 to get a large family home in a nice neighborhood (newer homes, safe area, mature trees, spacious lots, established neighbors, etc).

We took a tour with a realtor and saw several nice developments off Park, south of uptown, particularly one called Cameron Woods. There are beautiful listings in Dillworth and Meyer Park, but I think we're priced out of that area. Online, I've noticed a lot of nice listings in Mint Hill, and also in a development called Brantley Oaks. Anyone know anything about these areas? Based on what we've seen online so far, we're leaning towards south of uptown, or just inside the beltway east of uptown.

Thanks so much for any advice!
In my opinion, you are searching in all the right areas. And in your price range you will find many options. If you don't mind smaller yards check out Beverly Crest (Providence Rd and hwy 51 area). I will send you a link to one I like there. There are others, but none new construction "inside" 51 in your price range, unless you go over to Mint Hill. There are two "Brantley Oaks" in the Charlotte area, but neither are in Mint Hill. One is deep into Waxhaw and it is newer construction but mostly over $500,000. The other is not far from Mint Hill off of Rocky River Rd. It is also very nice, but the commute from there would be at least 50 minutes during rush hour I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte