Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 01:27 PM

152 posts, read 469,849 times

Advertisements

My family is looking to relocate to the Charlotte area this year and we wanted to rent a house. We have dogs and kids and I have noticed most houses for rent do not have fenced yards. I was wondering how people with dogs and kids keep them in the yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 02:32 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMomof4 View Post
My family is looking to relocate to the Charlotte area this year and we wanted to rent a house. We have dogs and kids and I have noticed most houses for rent do not have fenced yards. I was wondering how people with dogs and kids keep them in the yard.
Uhhhhh . . . you either keep your animals in the house or you rent where there is a fence. With kids, you either keep them in the house or sit and watch them while they are playing outside, LOL. As far as dogs and kids outside at the same time . . . unless your animals are trained to stay on your property . . . with leash laws . . .you will most likely run into problems w/ your neighbors and visits from animal control.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:37 PM

379 posts, read 644,967 times
I guess its possible people have electric fences. A lot of the people in our neighborhood do.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:14 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
I use invisible fence for my dog but there are homes with fences for rent you just got search a little more.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:17 PM

379 posts, read 644,967 times
oops, i meant invisible.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:53 AM

252 posts, read 879,674 times
I had a GHolden Retriver who lived indoors, but there are dog parks that allow you to let you dog run unleashed. They are inexpensive ( I think about 15 dollars a year) and you can probably find one nearby. There are some rental homes with fences you just have to look inside the subdivisions. Many of the older homes outside subdivisions do not have fences.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:00 PM

543 posts, read 1,825,046 times
A house just came up for rent here in Rosedale in Huntersville. It has a fenced yard, backyard kitchen and a hot tub. I'm unsure of the pet policy. Let me know if you want the phone number for the rental place and I'll walk over there.

Mark

Old 01-21-2008, 12:28 AM

95 posts, read 297,139 times
Default dogs in an unfenced in yard

We have a puppy about 8 months old - we walk her, take her to a park here in Cornelius, she stays in at times and sometimes we leave her outside on leash and a steak in the ground. There is a steak in the ground just outside the back door with her leash tied on it, she comes in the house with it still hooked to her collar and it fits flat through the door. This way we can put her on her leash before we open the door to let her out. The kids you will have to go out with them.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:56 AM

89 posts, read 311,902 times
My neighbor has an invisible fence with a doberman.. I have 2 dogs.. they both want to fight any other dog near them (not people).. while my dogs growl and snarl at that doberman he will NOT leave his yard.. its remarkable.

One of my dogs even confronted him on HIS territory.. he did not leave his yard. I can't believe it. One of these days my golden retriever is gonna get his butt kicked

In a rental, you can put up a above ground wire I think.. just temporary.. something to consider.

Another option.. ask the landlord if you could put up a temporary fence with those green steel fence posts and chicken wire.. I am not sure how long you plan to rent.. it would not be pretty and your neighbors might hang you.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:06 AM

95 posts, read 297,139 times
I made a mistake--I was suppose to be responding to ILmomof4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte