U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 01:34 PM

29 posts, read 26,375 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody
Since at this point at 98% I will be moving to the Charlotte area, I need some information, suggestion, help and direction for some very important topics.

The first one is about financial service!

Being a foreigner I will be "non existent" for the American financial system.

I did some search.. this is the plan I have:

Upon arrival I will apply for a social security number.. since it is the base for.. well everything!
(just downloaded the SS5 module and I will read it after I will have posted this)

I will rent the appartment ASAP, with that (local address) I will also apply for a NC State ID card

Following step will be the Driver License

all taht will I will be waiting for the SSC shows up..

When I will have the SSC I will open a banl account.. but which bank will I choose?

Well I did some search on the net.. I have some bank I like.. some of them are available in NC, some others are not.. but I digress..

My idea (well credit is not mine, credit goes to a lot of people who did this kind of searc.. I just read it on the interweb):
I will open a checking account with CAPITAL ONE (hope this is not considered advertisement, since I have no tie, at the moment, with that financial institution, nor I have received any compensation and/or money by it). The reason I have choosen this bank is simple: they have what it is considered the best Secured Credit Card on the market.
The reason for this is that every time you use it and pay your debt in time you have a positive information transmitted to the three credit score office.
With this credit card I will build my credit history and my credit score..
I have not found any other way to build or create a credit score from scratch.. if you have other suggestion or information I will be more than happy to hear them!
No idea how long will it take to get a decent credit score and credit history.. but for my understanding of the American Financial service it is mandatory to have the best you can get. Am I wrong?
The other things that appeal me is that this bank can be sellected as a "online banking only" exactelly as I have now.

let me know what you think and what you sugest

ciao

CV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or