U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2015, 09:54 AM

7 posts, read 6,670 times

Advertisements

can anyone give me info on 2 schools in the davidson area; The Woodlawn School and the Davidson Day School. We are thinking about them, but would like some info from someone who might live in the area...Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 10:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,145 times
I have friends who went to Davidson Day for high school and left to go to public school. From what I heard it was because they weren't getting much out of it. A lot of Woodlawn graduates have went to Ivies and they offer a lot more AP classes it seems like. Davidson is more expensive than Woodlawn but doesn't offer as many opportunities as Woodlawn. Davidson is one of those schools where the students do whatever they want and don't get in trouble for it but that's just based on what i've heard from the people I know who attended DDS... I would look at Cannon School in Concord too. More expensive but definitely a really amazing school to grow up going to. Cannon is way better than both of those schools in my opinion and has also been around way longer. They have buses that pick up and drop off in the Lake Norman Area as well. If distance isn't an issue Providence Day is a really great school and offers an IB program.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:15 PM

191 posts, read 316,468 times
What age group are your kids? I may be able to send more specific information based on parents who have children of similar ages. We have friends with elementary and middle school age children at Cannon, elementary ages of friends that went to Davidson Day. Again you may want to check Southlake Christian in Huntersville. Many families have done lower school there and then transferred to Cannon for High School. Also, Mooresville NC has some other educational programs that you may want to check into; such as Charter Schools - Pine Lake Prep, and Langtree are close to Mooresville/Davidson Border area. Iredell Statesville Schools has an IB Program that begins in middle school. (Mount Mourne IB) that my daughter attended and so I can provide you additional information. In Davidson there is the Community School of Davidson which is a highly sought after charter program, unfortunately with a very long wait list depending on the grade. Please feel free to private message me and I can give you my direct number if you would like someone to answer specific questions that you may have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or