Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:40 PM

70 posts, read 236,542 times

Advertisements

Hey, you ladies - have fun tonight - will be interested to hear how it went - might have to do it with guys next or, OMG, mixed couples
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 06:00 PM

70 posts, read 236,542 times
well, guess you were all getting prettied up - nobody on line

Old 01-23-2008, 09:35 PM

392 posts, read 1,183,454 times
Default Had such a great time!!

Sorry you were lonely, Larry. Thanks for wishing us well.

I hope everyone had as good a time as I did, 'cause I REALLY enjoyed myself. What a cool bunch of women! Thanks, Ani! Thanks, Barb! Can't wait til the next one.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:09 AM

1,166 posts, read 3,909,641 times
Thanks for the good wishes, Larry. Can't say that I wish you guys were there because women being with women is so much fun. But we do thank you for thinking of us.

It was really a good time - soooo special to meet everyone and at last have a face to go with the name AND a name to go with the name. What a great group we had!

You know, ladies, we never did talk about whether lunch or evening would be better. For me, being retired, it's equal, but I wonder if for some folks daytime would be better. When we set up last night's meeting, I just unilaterally chose an evening time. Let me know what's better for y'all (I'm trying out my new south accent!)

Old 01-24-2008, 06:21 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,390 times
So sorry I missed it! DH had 3 job interviews yesterday and I simply ran home after work to have him rehash his day with me and to help him write his thank you letters. I hope to be at the next one and hope everyone had a great time.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:16 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
So sorry I missed it! DH had 3 job interviews yesterday and I simply ran home after work to have him rehash his day with me and to help him write his thank you letters. I hope to be at the next one and hope everyone had a great time.
Morning CTribucher! We hope you will be able to join us. A great group of women - and how much fun - from different areas . . . sounds like yesterday was a great day for you and H tho - wow - so much going on! Keeping fingers crossed that you all hear something soon . . . do let us know! And yes, we hope you will be able to join in next go round . . .

Old 01-24-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRoadGirl View Post
Sorry you were lonely, Larry. Thanks for wishing us well.

I hope everyone had as good a time as I did, 'cause I REALLY enjoyed myself. What a cool bunch of women! Thanks, Ani! Thanks, Barb! Can't wait til the next one.
So nice to meet you, ARG!!!! Really glad we could all get together. How lucky we are to have CD and the opportunity to meet others that we just would never have found, otherwise!

And Larry - sorry we were not around to keep thing hopping on the board, LOL!!!! Looks like you all did just fine w/o us.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:25 AM

Default Thank you, Barb!

Just wanted to thank you again, Barb, for securing Charleys for us. What a nice server we had! I will be going back again w/ H . . .

I look forward to the next "meet up." Thanks to all who came - what a delightful group of women - and from all over the country!

THe New South City Club!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 08:51 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
I had fun too and did not expect to close down Charley's! It got really animated at times and we were talking over each other...like a chatty bunch of gigling school girls! Women will be women! ARG, you are a riot and I will meet you again down by our neck of the woods! Hope those who missed it can make it for next!

Old 01-24-2008, 08:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
It is way cool you guys doing this and I just told the world of city data
City Data Bringing a community together again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte