U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 04:53 PM

11,790 posts, read 26,711,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
In Gastonia they should avoid the NW quadrant south there are small houses in decent areas but I don't know the prices. Gastonia has nearly everything. I had to go to Charlotte once in 6+ years. A Trader Joe's would be nice. The nearest is the Midtown store in Charlotte. Not a big deal to get there.

Concord has the outlet mall but Gastonia is between the Charlotte & the Gaffney outlet malls. I assume that your sister will be driving down to see you. She'd be going right by the Gaffney outlet mall & Hamricks' mothership. So Concord has an edge on shopping, but not by much.
I appreciate all of your help Your responses along with the others who responded are very helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 06:32 PM

21,877 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I appreciate all of your help Your responses along with the others who responded are very helpful!
Glad to help. I don't pretend to be able to properly compare the cities because I don't know much about Concord. I have no reason to go there. There are threads about it & it's always noted that when the races are scheduled traffic is terrible. That's just a few days a year. Gastonia has a regular mall & there's tons of shopping on east Franklin. Downtown revival has been slow. An old mill is being rehabbed on west Franklin. Some rundown mill houses next to it will be rehabbed as well & turned into shops. There are empty storefronts by the mill that should come back to life. That should give the downtown revival a big boost. It won't happen overnight.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:04 PM

11,790 posts, read 26,711,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Glad to help. I don't pretend to be able to properly compare the cities because I don't know much about Concord. I have no reason to go there. There are threads about it & it's always noted that when the races are scheduled traffic is terrible. That's just a few days a year. Gastonia has a regular mall & there's tons of shopping on east Franklin. Downtown revival has been slow. An old mill is being rehabbed on west Franklin. Some rundown mill houses next to it will be rehabbed as well & turned into shops. There are empty storefronts by the mill that should come back to life. That should give the downtown revival a big boost. It won't happen overnight.
Thanks for the help about Gastonia. I'd like to hear more about Concord.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 1,674 times
There are different areas of Concord. To me, the area near Concord Mills Mall versus the Downtown Concord area are very different. The Concord Mills area blends with NE Charlotte. For instance, the Highland Creek Neighborhood has some Meck County students, some Cabarrus students. The Charlotte City boundary is very large!!

I85 shopping such as Concord Mills and Kannapolis (Target) have driven most of the shoppers to it. The last time I was on 29 it had declined greatly. In Gastonia, Franklin Blvd Parallels I85 so closely, it has a thriving Blvd of Big box stores.

I85 traffic in itself is another story :/

We decided to leave the busy Northeast area of Charlotte 4 years ago for a quieter area What type of area does she want??? I was actually on here looking at the Greenville forum! LOL Moving there in a year or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or