Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 09:37 PM

2 posts, read 7,502 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! I know there has been a million posts about northeners relocating to the south but I really need as much advice as possible. I understand regards of everyone opinion its up to what I feel. So, Ill start by describing my current hometown Harrisburg, PA not to throw shade but its horrible here! When I say there is no culture, im not exaggerating!! There are no good eating restaurants except your average main chain restaurants apple bee, olive garden etc.. , there are no good shopping places, n i family fun activities, not a lot of options of night clubs...its a dead end city to me. Im African American and I would like to see more of my own kind doing well. Whats funny is that its 53% blacks here yet I always see Caucasians which mean most AA are in the hoods, its like black people here didnt get the memo that we can do better! Anyway Im married with 2 children. Im working on my license for counseling and my husband has a BS in computer science. We think Charlotte has a lot to offer, plenty of opportunities. We are young couple who like to enjoy life. We are looking to a safe good area to live in Charlotte or in the area, we are renting right now, we also would like to know good elementary schools, good areas that has a good family friendly feel but also close to the city and all the action. Any advice on Charlotte period, neighborhoods schools, culture, please feel free!!! Thanks !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 06:21 AM

777 posts, read 2,566,862 times
Best advice? Bring me a carload of Middleswarth BBQ weekender bags and I will point you in the right direction. :-)

Old 02-04-2015, 12:44 PM

155 posts, read 229,234 times
Welcome to charlotte!
We moved here in 2010 from Hershey, PA. You'll love it here, and your description of the Harrisburg PA area is spot on.

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions or just want to pick my brain.
GOOD LUCK!!

Old 03-09-2015, 03:27 PM

2 posts, read 1,947 times
Default Places to live

Hi, Jodi

I'd like to pick your brain. I'm considering moving to Charlotte. I have some family that lives there but I don't want to ask them any questions yet because I'm still really really up in the air about it. I want to look at the cost of renting an apartment or a condo. I'm single but have pets so I'd like a 2 bedroom. Can you give me any advice on areas to stay away from or areas to key in on? I'm actually not really found of living in the city and would prefer a quieter suburb type living. My family lives in South Charlotte out by Concord Mills Mall. I work in healthcare so I have quite a few options for job sites. I'm not even worried about that yet. Any info would be helpful!

Thanks,

Carol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte