Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 PM

2 posts, read 4,233 times

Advertisements

oh danny,

your NOT alone!!! i travel thru matthews also, same problems with being stopped by matthews police. funny part is, i STOPPED at the stop sign, and still was pulled over. i bet you have been stopped in front of petsmart, right??? matthews police are everywhere!!! these seems to be way to many of them. i travel down 74, from charlotte to monroe, what out for the whole matthews/pineville road--it looks like a speed trap, but i got the feeling it MUCH, MUCH more. its a real good excuse for the matthews police to pull ya over, and see what else they can find! is everything looks ok, then will just pop ya with a speeding ticket. matthews is very, very agressive- take dannys warning!!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 12:51 PM

2 posts, read 4,233 times
why would somebody be thankful for a warning, when they stopped at the stop sign???? matthews police are pulling people over who DID stop!!! it seems they want you to stop, get out of your car, run around it two times, then pat your head three times,,,,then drive thru the stop sign. sorry, i don't feel safer when everywhere i got in matthews, theres a police officer sitting, it makes me nervous, like something is wrong in this town of matthews.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:55 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe mother View Post
oh danny,

your NOT alone!!! i travel thru matthews also, same problems with being stopped by matthews police. funny part is, i STOPPED at the stop sign, and still was pulled over. i bet you have been stopped in front of petsmart, right??? matthews police are everywhere!!! these seems to be way to many of them. i travel down 74, from charlotte to monroe, what out for the whole matthews/pineville road--it looks like a speed trap, but i got the feeling it MUCH, MUCH more. its a real good excuse for the matthews police to pull ya over, and see what else they can find! is everything looks ok, then will just pop ya with a speeding ticket. matthews is very, very agressive- take dannys warning!!!!
Wow, another place I go ONCE a week - Petsmart in Matthews - and I have NEVER even seen a Matthews cop near there, much less been bothered by one. Not sure what you newbies are doing to attract them as much as you say, but this has certainly not been my experience. Again, I'm THRILLED that Matthews has such great police coverage - only wish Charlotte had the same. Oh, and if you don't have anything to hide or "find" why be so concerned about being pulled over? I know I'm not

Old 09-05-2008, 02:24 PM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I must aree about the revenue makers with guns, they are everywhere in Matthews.
.....but I still love living here!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 02:30 PM

277 posts, read 660,867 times
Went to the Mathew's Alive event this past weekend with the family. Got there just after the rain on Sunday evening, about 7:15 pm.

First pass after crossing John St, my 10year old commented on the size of the "Emergency Response" trailer...huge vehicle, complete with side awning, under which were about 10 of Mathews finest, sitting in chairs, not speaking, but simply staring at everyone passing by.

Second pass, on the return trip, same scene at the trailer, same x-ray stare...my wife commented that they made her feel very uncomfortable. My little guy then chimed in with a comment regarding donuts...

Whatever, maybe they were on their mealtime.

Simply our observation, and of course, no conclusions could or should be drawn from them.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:35 AM

743 posts, read 2,242,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Wow, another place I go ONCE a week - Petsmart in Matthews - and I have NEVER even seen a Matthews cop near there, much less been bothered by one. Not sure what you newbies are doing to attract them as much as you say, but this has certainly not been my experience. Again, I'm THRILLED that Matthews has such great police coverage - only wish Charlotte had the same. Oh, and if you don't have anything to hide or "find" why be so concerned about being pulled over? I know I'm not

This was a first for our family in 2 years. I have nothing to hide but my money, LOL. But seriously I don't see them ALL the time but on 74 I see them sometimes parked in the median by the 51 exit. Other than that location, I really don't see them and I travel 51 when traffic is bad on 485. DH was just having a realllly badd day that day I guess, LOL.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:41 AM

743 posts, read 2,242,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post
Try being thankful for ALL of the warnings. You have more warnings in 5 years than I have tickets/warnings in 30 years!

Really, dh gets pulled over one time and gets a ticket, you get pulled over numerous times and warnings, you seem kinda lucky to me.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:07 AM

575 posts, read 1,515,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md to nc View Post
Really, dh gets pulled over one time and gets a ticket, you get pulled over numerous times and warnings, you seem kinda lucky to me.
Dont think 5x in 30 years is numerous, maybe you misunderstood.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:13 AM

575 posts, read 1,515,361 times
most complaints about the police you hear are that they are only seen at the local Dunkin Donuts. When they are seen all over the town they are working in, it becomes a sore point. Which way do you want it folks. Looks to me that the police are on constant patrol, enforcing traffic laws and answering police calls. Any supervisors who are reading these post about the frequency that people see their officers must be satisfied with their effort.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:31 AM

1,619 posts, read 3,871,066 times
Back on topic, I have been looking at some houses in the Matthews/Mint Hill area. We went to check out the town area last week and it seems quaint.I live in the University area of CLT now, but there seem to be some good homes with actual land out in that area, and we would still be close to shopping and eating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte