U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-23-2015, 10:27 AM
 
2,632 posts, read 5,887,200 times
Reputation: 1399

Advertisements

I've only spent a week in the city but I'm blown away by how clean and pretty the area is.

It's gorgeous. It's alot cleaner and prettier then cities like Atlanta or New York and the traffic is pretty chill compared to those places.

I'm relocating for a job here and I just thought I would share that with you all.

Overall its been a pretty positive experience.

The people here are really nice and seems like it will be easy to make friends down here. (I love interacting with people)

I can't wait to contribute to this city and be apart of the growing process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-23-2015, 10:51 AM
 
343 posts, read 486,172 times
Reputation: 313
Welcome! Where are you moving from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2015, 12:50 PM
 
2,632 posts, read 5,887,200 times
Reputation: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksuther View Post
Welcome! Where are you moving from?
Thanks.

Washington d.c.. I moved from Houston to d.c. I hate the weather in d.c. (despise it), the cost of living is ridiculous.

Charlotte reminds me of Houston in many ways. It's warmer, the people are friendlier, the cost of living is ridiculously affordable, and i like the diversity.


If you make 60,000 in d.c. you are barely making it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2015, 03:39 PM
 
Location: NOT in the Land of lollipops & unicorns...I live in reality.
1,014 posts, read 943,643 times
Reputation: 1753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Thanks.

Washington d.c.. I moved from Houston to d.c. I hate the weather in d.c. (despise it), the cost of living is ridiculous.

Charlotte reminds me of Houston in many ways. It's warmer, the people are friendlier, the cost of living is ridiculously affordable, and i like the diversity.


If you make 60,000 in d.c. you are barely making it.
Welcome! We are very much like Houston, but waaaay less humidity! I've lived in Miami so when people are complaining about it here, I am laughing and not all that 'sticky'. It can get humid but it usually is 95+ and an inversion layer easily seen over Uptown Charlotte. It IS a very clean city and we work to keep it that way! We volunteer to clean our rivers and waterways several times a year, and with a younger population in the past 12-ish years they seem to be great at wanting to live that way, too. It's a diverse city now, compared to 30 yrs ago...a GREAT THING, I promise you!
Need anything, questionwise, ask!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2015, 04:55 PM
 
7,672 posts, read 9,861,757 times
Reputation: 7945
I visited Atlanta last year and I was surprised too at the differences between Charlotte and Atlanta. I would take Charlotte any day over the traffic, the way the city looks and the people too. Houston though, I loved. If I had to move, I would move to either Houston or Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2015, 07:12 PM
 
2,632 posts, read 5,887,200 times
Reputation: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
Welcome! We are very much like Houston, but waaaay less humidity! I've lived in Miami so when people are complaining about it here, I am laughing and not all that 'sticky'. It can get humid but it usually is 95+ and an inversion layer easily seen over Uptown Charlotte. It IS a very clean city and we work to keep it that way! We volunteer to clean our rivers and waterways several times a year, and with a younger population in the past 12-ish years they seem to be great at wanting to live that way, too. It's a diverse city now, compared to 30 yrs ago...a GREAT THING, I promise you!
Need anything, questionwise, ask!
I love Houston but it does feel like you are being boiled alive. That's great that people volunteer to keep their city clean and it shows 2.

I wonder if Charlotte has a pretty good nightlife there's only one way to find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2015, 07:13 PM
 
Location: SC
8,774 posts, read 5,606,850 times
Reputation: 12766
North Carolina in general is a nice looking state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2015, 07:14 PM
 
2,632 posts, read 5,887,200 times
Reputation: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I visited Atlanta last year and I was surprised too at the differences between Charlotte and Atlanta. I would take Charlotte any day over the traffic, the way the city looks and the people too. Houston though, I loved. If I had to move, I would move to either Houston or Dallas.
Atlanta is cool but it's a little too dirty and the traffic is horrendous. The people are nice there and it's a really big city.

I got to check out the night life in both Atlanta and Charlotte. There only 3 I mean.. 4 hrs away from each other .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2015, 01:10 PM
 
Location: NC to ATL
140 posts, read 136,894 times
Reputation: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post

I wonder if Charlotte has a pretty good nightlife there's only one way to find out.
Yeah, it's alright. A few options. Also, Style Week starts tmrw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2015, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,012 posts, read 1,180,463 times
Reputation: 612
Formal Los angles resident here. Come on down you'll fill right at home. I love it here and wouldn't change it for anything. The people are super nice until u get on the freeways lol. That's when my California ways kick back in. I said it also that Charlotte is super clean city and I love center city and the surrounding Areas. Welcome home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:39 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top