U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 12:51 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,180,463 times

Advertisements

Now before I say anything I will say I dearly love the Queen City and will always defend it. Just to put that out there before anyone fills I'm steaping on their toes. Now this has been bothering me for some time. One......why is it when anyone including myself post some very useful information and it'll get no responses. Like seriously 200 views and not one person could not say anything. Its like a teacher asking for a simple answer to a question and no kids raise their hands. It's annoying and extremely pathetic for the Charlotte forum. Don't say well hey some people have jobs and lives and what not. We all do but that is besides the point. Some of yall are so quick to jump down someone's throat when it comes to a relocation thread saying hey use the (SEARCH) bar and I get that because we do get a lot of those. But when it comes to actual post that has meaning some will get 1 or 2 replies and 300 people viewed it? If you haven't noticed a lot of people actually do base relocation, visiting, night out on the city by coming to this forum. Sometimes it's like crickets in here. We need to be more interactive with each other. Just down right sad sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 04:44 AM

142 posts, read 181,032 times
So the main reason you post is to get a "thank you" or response vs. just posting to help people?

Seems to me there are lots of active users here but many lurkers who probably will never post for one reason or another. I'm sure people really do value your input and that of others so hopefully this issue doesn't stop you from posting in the future.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:54 AM

5,783 posts, read 8,410,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
.. Its like a teacher asking for a simple answer to a question and no kids raise their hands. ...
um - not it's not. That's an awful analogy. You can't feed your narcissism on an anonymous relocation forum. If you want "likes" and comments, go on social media. This isn't FB.

The forum has always run hot and cold in all the years I've been a regular.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:39 AM

21,856 posts, read 27,128,289 times
Quote:
Now before I say anything I will say I dearly love the Queen City and will always defend it. Just to put that out there before anyone fills I'm steaping on their toes. Now this has been bothering me for some time. One......why is it when anyone including myself post some very useful information and it'll get no responses. Like seriously 200 views and not one person could not say anything. Its like a teacher asking for a simple answer to a question and no kids raise their hands. It's annoying and extremely pathetic for the Charlotte forum. Don't say well hey some people have jobs and lives and what not. We all do but that is besides the point. Some of yall are so quick to jump down someone's throat when it comes to a relocation thread saying hey use the (SEARCH) bar and I get that because we do get a lot of those. But when it comes to actual post that has meaning some will get 1 or 2 replies and 300 people viewed it? If you haven't noticed a lot of people actually do base relocation, visiting, night out on the city by coming to this forum. Sometimes it's like crickets in here. We need to be more interactive with each other. Just down right sad sometimes.
Is this about your BJs Midtown thread? I read it but I don't live in Charlotte. I rarely post on threads that are exclusive to Charlotte, but I frequently read them for the information. I don't expect most people to post when I make posts concerning the area west of Charlotte. Most people don't read them. My impression is that, by far, most people live in South Charlotte & Union County.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:02 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,180,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Is this about your BJs Midtown thread? I read it but I don't live in Charlotte. I rarely post on threads that are exclusive to Charlotte, but I frequently read them for the information. I don't expect most people to post when I make posts concerning the area west of Charlotte. Most people don't read them. My impression is that, by far, most people live in South Charlotte & Union County.
No a lot of post I make her decent feedback. That one I hiess no one really cares about even tho I thighht it'll be a cool addition to the center city area. No what botherede was a had a direct message asking me to go inside the store since I have access and sell them the metal that they don't use...

Old 03-24-2015, 06:09 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,638,426 times
Like MikeyKid said, This forum runs hot and cold for a variety of reasons I could elaborate on (but its early in the morning and don't feel like typing too much)...at least that's the way I've seen it over the 7 years I've been a member.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:18 AM

11,836 posts, read 25,431,580 times
The BJ's in Pineville is 2 miles from my house as opposed to driving half an hour deeper into the city. I thought your photos were pointless since the space hasn't been kitted out yet.Did I look? Sure, but why comment on a location that I'll never visit?

Old 03-24-2015, 09:37 AM

3,356 posts, read 8,863,258 times
For instance the BJ's pictures are interesting, I expect I will be using that store.

Did not see anything in the pictures worth commenting on while the Home depot signs are still up and they are just working on the floor.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:47 AM

44,352 posts, read 17,707,490 times
There is a lot of activity on the Charlotte reddit.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:20 AM

469 posts, read 875,699 times
Quote:
When you make a factual post, sometimes there's really nothing to add. Perhaps if you added a discussion point, then there will be more responses. On the other end of the spectrum, it becomes trolling.

For example:
-Hey Folks! Daylight savings is this weekend. (Crickets . . . )

vs
-Daylight savings is this weekend. Charlotte should pass a law and not observe Daylight Savings because it delays I-485 construction. Add key words - elevation, Rodney, north/south, east/west, Cleveland, valuation (+100 replies)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte