U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 06:32 PM

29,691 posts, read 27,123,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Lol ok to get back on topic. I don't think we will over take Atlanta as the hub of the south actually. I have a stong belief that we will come in 2nd as hub status. If we included Miami then I would say a very stong strong 3rd .
There's Tampa to consider as well; it's already third in metro population in the Southeast behind Miami and Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 09:17 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,851,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barako Bama View Post
Let's not forget Nashville, it's neck and neck with Charlotte for the third spot in the southeast behind Miami and Atl.
It's up there but Charlotte has a good 600K lead on Nashville in population right now. I think Tampa and Orlando are still ahead of Charlotte too.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:39 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,180,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
It's up there but Charlotte has a good 600K lead on Nashville in population right now. I think Tampa and Orlando are still ahead of Charlotte too.

Charlotte ranks among the World’s Most Competitive Cities in a report recently released by IBM and Site Selection magazine. Of the top 100 global cities, including many of the larger business meccas: New York, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai and like, Charlotte ranks 40th or higher across the board.
In fact, Charlotte was one of only 12 U.S. cities to make the report’s ranking, grouping it among Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington, D.C.

Charlotte has always been at the crossroads of commerce. From its founding in 1768 at the crossing of two Native-American trading paths to its Gold Rush in the early 1800s and the rise of the region’s textile mills and banks, the city as we all know is known as a top U.S. energy hub, the second largest U.S. financial center and third in the nation in world-class health care facilities.

They are strong cities but I believe Charlotte is ahead of them then what you guys are giving our fair city credit for.

Last edited by choloboy36; 03-29-2015 at 09:48 PM..

Old 03-29-2015, 09:43 PM

Of Fortune 500 firms, 264 are represented in Charlotte. And Charlotte is at the epicenter of the Piedmont Atlantic region, the fourth largest concentration of manufacturing in the country and home to 918 foreign-owned businesses.

Besides our pleasant climate and good natural resources including a relatively low cost of energy, the greater Charlotte metropolitan area is home to 2.2 million people and is the second largest city in the Southeast, and its population in a 100-mile radius exceeds that of Birmingham, Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa, Memphis, Nashville or Norfolk.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:03 PM

570 posts, read 541,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well I should know this since I typed it. What is your point?

At least I made a post about the topic which is more than you have done.
What is the point? The point is that you claimed that you had made a typo when actually you typed the name of an entirely different publication, which by definition (I gave you the definition) does not constitute a typo. It appears deliberate. You got called out by a couple people on the fact that you were bashing the Charlotte Observer over an article that is not even theirs. So you tried worming your way out of it by claiming you had made a typo. That's not a credible excuse. As for staying on topic, you came into this thread posting a pithy statement that the "Observer parrots Johnny Harris's opinion without questions." That's all you said about the article, then turned to bashing the Observer as "a waste of electrons" and a "rag." That probably would have been your only post in this thread had you not been called out about your inaccurate bashing of The Charlotte Observer. Your subsequent posts have just been to defend yourself and to try to save face.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:24 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,871,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Charlotte ranks among the World’s Most Competitive Cities in a report recently released by IBM and Site Selection magazine. Of the top 100 global cities, including many of the larger business meccas: New York, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai and like, Charlotte ranks 40th or higher across the board.
In fact, Charlotte was one of only 12 U.S. cities to make the report’s ranking, grouping it among Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington, D.C.

Charlotte has always been at the crossroads of commerce. From its founding in 1768 at the crossing of two Native-American trading paths to its Gold Rush in the early 1800s and the rise of the region’s textile mills and banks, the city as we all know is known as a top U.S. energy hub, the second largest U.S. financial center and third in the nation in world-class health care facilities.

They are strong cities but I believe Charlotte is ahead of them then what you guys are giving our fair city credit for.

What cities is Charlotte ahead of in this post????

Old 03-30-2015, 09:35 AM

5 posts, read 5,483 times
In time it is possible for Charlotte to pass Atlanta, but it is doing it by learning from the mistakes Atlanta made. As long as Charlotte works on roads and public transit, it is has the bones to be much more then it is currently. Controlled growth.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:30 AM

21,856 posts, read 27,128,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benthor View Post
In time it is possible for Charlotte to pass Atlanta, but it is doing it by learning from the mistakes Atlanta made. As long as Charlotte works on roads and public transit, it is has the bones to be much more then it is currently. Controlled growth.
The city of Charlotte is bigger than the city of Atlanta. The Atlanta metro is bigger than the Charlotte metro.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:49 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,694,618 times
Why does Atlanta have to be brought up in the majority of the Charlotte threads.

"I have a dream that one day this forum they will not bring up Atlanta. I have a dream."

Old 03-30-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Why does Atlanta have to be brought up in the majority of the Charlotte threads.

"I have a dream that one day this forum they will not bring up Atlanta. I have a dream."
The worst post ever. We are debating an article that was posted. Charlotte posters don't want to be like anyone but ourselves. It people outside our metro and state who wants us to be this and that. I have a dream that Atlanta posters stop coming to our forum and meddling in our affairs .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or