Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 01:33 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
you sound so angry you didn't even click the link.. just dove right into a rant on the Observer.

Interesting
I did read the article. I made a typo when I wrote that. The point still stands.

Shame that some of you go around and pick every single post apart for mistakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Umm, the story cited by the OP actually appeared in the Charlotte Business Journal.

Btw, thats called reporting. If the news organization wants to critique his comments, that would appear on the editorial page.
Instead of jumping to conclusions, making insults, and wasting our time with nonsense about editorials. It might help if you simply asked if I made a mistake. I did.

I stand by what I said. It's nothing more than an opinion article by Johnnny Harris. It's also the reason that I don't put much credence in the Charlotte Business journal either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 03:45 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,438,061 times
The Southeast US can have more than one hub.
Miami is a hub to south Florida and all counties south of the US. airport (11) busiest (many overseas flights
Atlanta is a hub in the Southeast airport (1) flights every where
Charlotte is a hub(not as big) in the Southeast airport (8) many US flights Overseas (41 weak compared to
Miami & Atlanta.)

Charlotte is also the largest city of the 3 and the smallest metro.

Last edited by CLT1985; 03-27-2015 at 03:54 PM..

Old 03-27-2015, 03:52 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,376,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Instead of jumping to conclusions, making insults, and wasting our time with nonsense about editorials.
Its not nonsense. Its the truth about newspapers. If my posts waste your time, feel free to ignore them!

Old 03-28-2015, 11:36 AM

834 posts, read 1,015,250 times
If this is true get ready for high priced real estate and no recreation or wildlife. Speaking as someone who watched the ATL transition from 1993 to 2000. It seems you have to run from these developments these days..

Old 03-29-2015, 12:48 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,597,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
If this is true get ready for high priced real estate and no recreation or wildlife. Speaking as someone who watched the ATL transition from 1993 to 2000. It seems you have to run from these developments these days..
Have you looked around? They are building so many apartments/condo/vinyl village style homes its crazy. I swear a new Centex/Ryan/True home development pops up every other week here.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:49 AM

571 posts, read 714,774 times
Quote:
I did read the article. I made a typo when I wrote that.
A typo??? Definition of a typo:

"an error in printed or typewritten matter resulting from striking the improper key of a keyboard, from mechanical failure, or the like." Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com

A typographical error (often shortened to typo) is a mistake made in the typing process (such as a spelling mistake) of printed material. Wikipedia

You didn't strike the wrong key and misspell a word; you wrote an entirely different word.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:29 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichard View Post
You didn't strike the wrong key and misspell a word; you wrote an entirely different word.
Well I should know this since I typed it. What is your point?

At least I made a post about the topic which is more than you have done.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:39 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,033 times
Quote:
Well I should know this since I typed it. What is your point?

At least I made a post about the topic which is more than you have done.
Lol ok to get back on topic. I don't think we will over take Atlanta as the hub of the south actually. I have a stong belief that we will come in 2nd as hub status. If we included Miami then I would say a very stong strong 3rd .

Old 03-29-2015, 03:19 PM

20 posts, read 23,094 times
Let's not forget Nashville, it's neck and neck with Charlotte for the third spot in the southeast behind Miami and Atl.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:36 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barako Bama View Post
Let's not forget Nashville, it's neck and neck with Charlotte for the third spot in the southeast behind Miami and Atl.
I wouldn't say neck and neck but it's up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte