U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:54 AM

36 posts, read 131,581 times

Advertisements

Thanks....

Anyone else building in this subdivision yet??

Jodi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 07:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,136 times
Default Get a second opinion "educated opinion"

Anyone buying anything should be wary these days. I was reading today that Microsoft Xbox 360 has a failure rate that is 5 times higher then ANY other game manufacture. You would think a company as big and wealthy as Microsoft with all of their R&D dollars invested in developing a game unit would produce a good Gaming unit. (you would think)

So I would encourage you to see for yourself and bring a home inspector to evaluate the quality of the home you are looking at whether it is a True home or any other builder and or existing home. Then you have the ability to make an educated decision that is based upon facts vs. being influenced by people who have no formal education pertaining to the topic you are researching but as you do know that only have an opinion based upon their own perspective and not to mention that they may actually have a motive behind what their saying.

You owe it to yourself and your family to make sure you have a nonbias opinion from someone who is solely looking out for your best interest.

As far as pouring concrete in the rain with headlights of vehicles.... COME ON!!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,112 times
Default Building in Harris Crossing

I am actually building in Harris Crossing. I have had nothing but great experiences with everyone. I frequently meet with the builder who goes over everything that is going on with my house. They have a great team. I am so excited for the house to be done. I am building the Verona 3400.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:44 PM

1,865 posts, read 4,782,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Advisor View Post
...So I would encourage you to see for yourself and bring a home inspector to evaluate the quality of the home you are looking at whether it is a True home or any other builder and or existing home. Then you have the ability to make an educated decision that is based upon facts vs. being influenced by people who have no formal education pertaining to the topic you are researching but as you do know that only have an opinion based upon their own perspective and not to mention that they may actually have a motive behind what their saying.

You owe it to yourself and your family to make sure you have a nonbias opinion from someone who is solely looking out for your best interest.

As far as pouring concrete in the rain with headlights of vehicles.... COME ON!!!!
I can assure you I have no motive or hidden agenda. I am not in either the real estate or construction business, so I am not looking to sway anyones opinion on whether or not to purchase a home in this subdivision. To date, I have only seen the inside of the model homes that were built by the original builder. I have not seen the inside of the TrueHomes models yet.

It is excellent advise for anyone to check things out thoroughly before plunking your hard-earned cash down on a new home. Yes, people do need to see for themselves & make their own decision based on their family needs & budget.

"As far as pouring concrete in the rain with headlights of vehicles"...YES, they were, I was there watching them do it. As a matter of fact, they were pouring the slabs for the model homes that are in use now.

BxRosie

Old 07-30-2008, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,000 times
Default Harris Crossing

My wife and I are buying a house in this development and the homes are pretty nice. I have worked in the Residential Contracting business in the Upscale areas of the NC Mountains..resort communities etc. the homes are stick built and seem to be built well. I was told that the way that they keep prices down is due to having their own crew of workers (subcontractors) to do the work. they work pretty much exclusively for True Homes. the development is not out in the Rural area near DEI but close to town. where Center Ave and East Iredell (Hwy 3) meet. my wife and I are very excited to build our home. all of the homes are two story homes, no modular or trailers. The model that we are building is the Prado.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christaylor1984 View Post
My wife and I are buying a house in this development and the homes are pretty nice. I have worked in the Residential Contracting business in the Upscale areas of the NC Mountains..resort communities etc. the homes are stick built and seem to be built well. I was told that the way that they keep prices down is due to having their own crew of workers (subcontractors) to do the work. they work pretty much exclusively for True Homes. the development is not out in the Rural area near DEI but close to town. where Center Ave and East Iredell (Hwy 3) meet. my wife and I are very excited to build our home. all of the homes are two story homes, no modular or trailers. The model that we are building is the Prado.
Have they (TrueHomesUSA) disclosed anything to you about the commercial site (Harris Commons) in front of Harris Crossing? We've heard so many different stories about what's going in there, like a supermarket, shops, etc... Last I heard was that Walgreen's pulled out & now there's another company developing it.

Congrats on the new home! Which street are you building on? I live "next door" in Harris Village.

BxRosie

Old 08-10-2008, 08:09 AM

3 posts, read 7,380 times
Default Harris Crossing

We bought our house 2 months ago. Sounds like a couple of the neighbors (harris village) are not real happy with this neighborhood. I think Miss Boxie should focus on herself and realize no matter how much she hates on this neighborhood, she isnt changing any minds. You did make a good statement in one of your post about people should make good sound decisions for their hard earned money, back off and let them do just that. Were all grown folks here and can make our decisions.
As far as the house/neighborhood, for those of you that want to hear it from someone who has bought (with their own hard earned $$).... we love it here. A great set of neighbors have moved in to everyone of the houses so far. No complaints from anyone that I have heard. Of course you have little small things with new construction. Maybe a light fixture here, a nail pop there but that anywhere and everywhere. Things are slow to getting them done after closing but I will say EVERYTHING that I have brought up to Lee (general contractor) has been completed. Not the next day all the time but everytime things have been taken care of.
So neighbors at Harris Village, feel free to come on over and get to know us, I will be happy to tour you thru the house to help lift your opinions of the neighborhood next door.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:42 AM

19,813 posts, read 55,753,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToshi View Post
We bought our house 2 months ago. Sounds like a couple of the neighbors (harris village) are not real happy with this neighborhood. I think Miss Boxie should focus on herself and realize no matter how much she hates on this neighborhood, she isnt changing any minds. You did make a good statement in one of your post about people should make good sound decisions for their hard earned money, back off and let them do just that. Were all grown folks here and can make our decisions.
As far as the house/neighborhood, for those of you that want to hear it from someone who has bought (with their own hard earned $$).... we love it here. A great set of neighbors have moved in to everyone of the houses so far. No complaints from anyone that I have heard. Of course you have little small things with new construction. Maybe a light fixture here, a nail pop there but that anywhere and everywhere. Things are slow to getting them done after closing but I will say EVERYTHING that I have brought up to Lee (general contractor) has been completed. Not the next day all the time but everytime things have been taken care of.
So neighbors at Harris Village, feel free to come on over and get to know us, I will be happy to tour you thru the house to help lift your opinions of the neighborhood next door.
I think you misunderstood BxRosie. She wasn't complaining about the development, she was just giving info. After reading all the posts in this thread, I don't think anyone objected to the development, just had questions. At any rate, congrats on your new home and glad you're happy there.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I think you misunderstood BxRosie. She wasn't complaining about the development, she was just giving info. After reading all the posts in this thread, I don't think anyone objected to the development, just had questions. At any rate, congrats on your new home and glad you're happy there.

THANK YOU Southern Belle for understanding exactly what I was saying. I'm not complaining about the neighborhood, I'm just giving info on what I saw or got directly from the sales agent that I sopke with at that particular time.

My latest question was only with regards to the retail section, Harris Commons. I'm just curious as to what, if anything, they were told about what businesses will be in there or when they'll actually start building. Nothing more. I thought if anyone would know, it would be the new residents that have already built or are in the process of building in HC.

And to Mad Toshi, why do you assume that I "hate your neighborhood"?? You are so off-base with that statement, it's not even funny. As grown adults capable of making our own decisions, we purchased our home 2 years ago with our hard-earned money knowing full-well that a new subdivision & retail center was going to be built right next door. If anyone in HV is upset with or "hates" your neighborhood, as you say, it's the probably the people that live on Doyle Farm Rd. (the street in HV that connects to HC) & the area immediately around it. They seem to be the most vocal about it & want some type of boundry designation errected. I could care less. If it bothers them that much, they should take up a collection amongst themselves & build it on their front lawn! BTW...I don't live on that street, I live wayyyy in the back end of HV on Burtons Barn Rd.

I do drive through HC quite often. The houses are very nice looking. I love the style of the garage doors & shutters, especially on the stone-front homes. It's nice to see so many families, with lots of kids, bringing a new community to life! So, MadToshi, if you see a red Kia driving through HC, please don't throw eggs at me.. wave & say Hi, stop & chat with me, you just might be pleasantly surprised. CONGRATULATIONS on your new home & WELCOME to Mooresville, it's a GREAT place to live!

BxRosie

Hey Jodz, How Ya' doin??? How do you feel about Brett??? DS has mixed emotions...Happy he's back playing, unhappy that it's not with the Packers!!

Old 09-07-2008, 08:27 PM

3 posts, read 7,380 times
Default head tucked

BxRosie I am sorry. I went back and read this entire thread again, all 3 pgs. You said nothing that was out of the way at all. Why did I jab back??? I dont know honestly. I did it and I am very sorry wish I could blame it on a bad day but its rare I have those so please forgive me.
Feel free to come right on over to the new neighbors and we can all hang out. My partner and I bought the Verona 3400 together and really couldnt be any happier. Yes the lots are smaller and in saying that we have one of the larger lots (ones that back up to harris village). But we are really pleased with the builder, neighbors, and hopefully harris village too. Certainly not you Rosie but I can now assure you after today that not everyone in your neck of the woods are as nice as you.
Have a great night..... and Im going to look out for you to drive by and introduce myself....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or