Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 03:51 PM

1 posts, read 852 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My husband is getting transferred to Charlotte for his job. We are in great need of a house and are very interested in viewing houses. We do have a 14lb poodle that will not get any bigger and is housebroke.
Going to be honest with you our credit isn't good at all due to medical bills doesn't mean we won't pay our rent. But we are very good, clean and honest people out to make a living and a life. And for someone to just give us a chance there. I can provide you with as many references on us that you want. We just need someone to believe in us so that we can get a house there before May 11 which is his first day of work.
Just asking for a chance to prove that we are great people. Everyone wants a credit check anyone out there that doesn't or know anyone that doesn't. Please help.
Thanks, Have a blessed day
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 06:31 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,750,163 times
Just be upfront with private landlords. Medical debts aren't a real worrisome debt. Some will rent to you as long as the debts aren't related to evictions, unpaid rent etc. And you can provide references from your most recent landlords.

Good luck!

Old 03-27-2015, 08:03 PM

199 posts, read 380,649 times
Medical bills aren't big of a deal. Try to find a private landlord and explain to him the situation and etc and honest with him/her. (Honesty is a big thing) I've had tenants lie to my dad and theres nothing more that pisses me or him off than lying to us.

Unfortunately lots of private landlords and even management companies don't allow pets at all, and those that do will charge you about 300-400 dollar nonrefundable pet fee and very few end up charging 15-25 dollars more a month as an additional pet fee.

I might be able to possibly help you with finding a 3BR/2BA house I've seen a few houses in my neighborhood with a FOR RENT sign out front and if you want I can get the phone number and address and a picture of the house and send you it and see if that helps ya! Also I'm working on a few houses but I don't know when they will be ready so I can't say I could rent my house to ya.

If you got any other questions let me know!

Old 03-30-2015, 11:16 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,162,110 times
It might help a bit if you can narrow your search down to commuting distance to your husband's job.

What part of Charlotte will he be working in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte