U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2015, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,297 times

Advertisements

Hi there- looking for a neighborhood with similar qualities of Charlotte, NC- Ballantyne area. Like the idea of new homes and easy access to shopping(retail and grocery) in one main area. Visited areas such as Orlando, and Sarasota/St Petersburg. Loved both East and West coast equally- need some help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 10:21 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,188,154 times
Wrong forum

Old 03-29-2015, 10:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,341 times
Hi, the Orlando area is probably best for you. We live in Ft. Lauderdale and though it is the heart of the city, home prices are quite high and the pace of life much faster than Orlando. Central florida has the convenience with the possibility for quieter neighborhoods in the outskirts of Orlando.
Good luck!

Old 03-30-2015, 07:19 AM

59 posts, read 52,368 times
Hi NY-NC-FL,
I live in Tampa FL now (been her in the Tampa Bay for 30 years) I'm moving to north Charlotte very soon. I will be happy to answer your questions, feel free to DM me anytime.

A few quick thoughts,
St. Petersburg-downtown/pier area and Northeast side will compare to Ballantyne
Winter Park-just north of Orlando will compare to Ballantyne
Tampa-South will also compare

Let me say that by no means...would any area really compare but will offer similar things your talking about. FL is very different!!

Old 03-30-2015, 07:56 AM

45,767 posts, read 18,127,357 times
Having lived in Florida, and glad not to be now, I'd say that the Orlando area comes closest to having places that resemble Ballantyne. There are large numbers of planned communities that surround the city and out towards Disney.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:03 AM

4,639 posts, read 4,833,630 times
Try Celebration:

Celebration, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-30-2015, 05:20 PM

18 posts, read 14,500 times
Default I'm a Floridian

I have lived in Ft Lauderdale and Tampa. Tampa is where we want to go back too. You can live in north Tampa and get the same qualities as Charlotte. Only difference in Charlotte and FL you are closer to the beach 😄

Old 03-31-2015, 06:48 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,298,093 times
I'ma FL native, but very familiar with Charlotte and lived in NC too. I dont think Tampa or Orlando can compare to Charlotte though. I'm curious why the OP would leave Charlotte for Orlando or St Pete. Not knocking either, I just think Charlotte is overall better. I also find the people pretty darn friendly in Charlotte, especially considering it's size.

I feel like Charlotte and NC overall drawns in different interests/people/demographics than a lot of FL does (these days anyway).

Old 04-01-2015, 07:40 PM

11,879 posts, read 26,881,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-NC-FL View Post
Hi there- looking for a neighborhood with similar qualities of Charlotte, NC- Ballantyne area. Like the idea of new homes and easy access to shopping(retail and grocery) in one main area. Visited areas such as Orlando, and Sarasota/St Petersburg. Loved both East and West coast equally- need some help!!
Try Heathrow, Alaqua lakes and Waterford Lakes, FL. They have very easy access to shopping in a main area. There are several places around central FL like what you are looking for.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:29 AM

15 posts, read 20,675 times
Oh Gosh! Why in the world would u leave NC for FL?

(I am a native Florida and moving to Ballantyne next week)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or