Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 10:15 AM

227 posts, read 390,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I recently was given, without asking, a retention discount. I'm paying $34 for Extreme now. That and buying my own modem will save me $600/year.
I wish I got your rep when I called in! When I downgraded to Internet-only, I was quote something like $78/month for Extreme. I did an online chat and got it down to $59/month, but that was the lowest I can get. And of course, when the first bill arrived it was at the higher price - I guess the rep 'forgot' to add the $59 price to my account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 11:02 AM

15,361 posts, read 12,568,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post

It will also be at least two years before anyone sees any internet or video service from Google in Charlotte.
well it definitely wouldn't make sense to roll it out at the same time as Google.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:19 AM

306 posts, read 514,670 times
Does this change still go in effect if the Comcast merger happens before then?

Old 04-16-2015, 12:04 PM

170 posts, read 273,730 times
I pay $34.99 for the standard (15mbps) which works fine most of the time but when I try to stream an HD movie on my TV it can be a bit challenging...I hope i'm included in the bump from 15mbps to 50mbps. I'm just north of Birkdale, technically it's considered Cornelius but it's right on the border with Huntersville. Will I be included?

Old 04-16-2015, 12:27 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,428,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unthought_known View Post
I wish I got your rep when I called in!...
You get better deals if you go into one of their retail locations and talk to them there. That's what I did.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:17 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,416,547 times
UGH! Just more equipment they can charge me for! I got my letter in the mail, about it today. Each digital adapter is $2.75/per month. I live for the day I can get rid of TWC!

Old 04-17-2015, 07:45 AM

31 posts, read 57,755 times
Default Modem details

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
Time Warner seems to be trying to earn some goodwill with customers before the competition arrives. They recently gave me a pretty nice deal on the Extreme service plus I returned them their modem and bought my own from Amazon.
Could you please let me know which modem you got from amazon and the price paid.. hope you don't mind

Old 04-17-2015, 09:41 AM

310 posts, read 1,696,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
UGH! Just more equipment they can charge me for! I got my letter in the mail, about it today. Each digital adapter is $2.75/per month. I live for the day I can get rid of TWC!
I heard about this-- one more way to nickel & dime us!!

Since I only have cable tv service w/ TWC, not internet (basic cable connections in two bedrooms & digital/dvr in living room), does anyone know if this $2.75 adapter would be for digital cable tv only? or also needed for basic cable connections? (would I have to pay $2.75 X3 per month?)

And any way to buy an adapter cheaply online to avoid paying $2.75 on a monthly basis?

Old 04-17-2015, 10:58 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,745,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie09 View Post
I heard about this-- one more way to nickel & dime us!!

Since I only have cable tv service w/ TWC, not internet (basic cable connections in two bedrooms & digital/dvr in living room), does anyone know if this $2.75 adapter would be for digital cable tv only? or also needed for basic cable connections? (would I have to pay $2.75 X3 per month?)

And any way to buy an adapter cheaply online to avoid paying $2.75 on a monthly basis?
TWC supposedly is doing this to avoid cable theft from others just plugging in the cable cord. Once again thieves ruin it for everyone else that's honest.

But yes, you will need an adapter for your basic plug in connections. I have one plug in tv which no one watches so I won't bother getting an adapter for it. We semi cut the cord and only have cable now on one tv for hubby and as mentioned, had another "free" connection offered as part of the package deal we got. But I was warned on the phone that it will only be free till the adapters come out. They were very good about being upfront about it.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:10 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,160,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefullyMoving View Post
I pay $34.99 for the standard (15mbps) which works fine most of the time but when I try to stream an HD movie on my TV it can be a bit challenging...I hope i'm included in the bump from 15mbps to 50mbps. I'm just north of Birkdale, technically it's considered Cornelius but it's right on the border with Huntersville. Will I be included?
15mb should be fine to stream a HD movie. Is it a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what kind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte