U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 08:15 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,205,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
i got one too so we'd have surround sound!
OMG - this is waaaaaay too funny!!!

We can listen to disaster reports in stereo!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 08:45 PM

379 posts, read 505,823 times
BLIZZARD has arrived - snowing in Waxhaw

Old 01-16-2008, 08:50 PM

673 posts, read 2,438,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgi View Post
BLIZZARD has arrived - snowing in Waxhaw
Yep - I just woke my husband up, so we could go outside to play. I am nervous for tomorrow morning though. I have to catch a plane, and I have never driven in these conditions before. Look out for me on the road tomorrow morning...

Old 01-16-2008, 08:54 PM

Hope your plane isn't too early. I would call the airline before you leave the house. Your flight may be delayed or canceled. Could make for a really long day.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:56 PM

392 posts, read 1,078,036 times
Default The snow has started, 10:30 pm, ESE of Rock Hill

Disaster report (LOL) from ESE of Rock Hill... Started snowing about 10:30 pm EST. Already a light dusting on the ground. Food supply: Walmart on Dave Lyle is about out of bread, still had milk. Everyone dressed like Nanook of the North. I shot some video of the folks there so that I could make a full report...
Nanook

Temps are going to be 55 degrees on Friday. My prediction: We should all come through this ok if we keep our heads about us.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:03 PM

457 posts, read 1,229,752 times
Default Let it Snow........

How funny is this, I have to get my snow blower warmed up for the morning....Actually, this is great, I'm so glad I do not have to deal with all the snow and ice back north in NJ, I can remember doing a 360 on the Garden State Parkway one morning on my way to work, got off the next exit, worked from home that day. I'm envious of all of you native southerners, you never had to deal with 6 hour commutes through 18" of snow, seems like they never closed work due to weather. I'm glad to be here, and enjoy the wonderful weather and people in NC.....Oh, by the way everyone, enjoy the snow day tomorrow.....

Regards,
Ron

Old 01-16-2008, 09:06 PM

Geeezz, I didn't get any bread or milk. I predict every school + business within 100 miles will be closed tomorrow

Old 01-16-2008, 09:08 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,596,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRoadGirl View Post
Disaster report (LOL) from ESE of Rock Hill... Started snowing about 10:30 pm EST. Already a light dusting on the ground. Food supply: Walmart on Dave Lyle is about out of bread, still had milk. Everyone dressed like Nanook of the North. I shot some video of the folks there so that I could make a full report...
Nanook

Temps are going to be 55 degrees on Friday. My prediction: We should all come through this ok if we keep our heads about us.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha - now THIS was funny!

Like a good girl scout, I bought my bread and milk day before yesterday, LOL!

Old 01-16-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
How funny is this, I have to get my snow blower warmed up for the morning....Actually, this is great, I'm so glad I do not have to deal with all the snow and ice back north in NJ, I can remember doing a 360 on the Garden State Parkway one morning on my way to work, got off the next exit, worked from home that day. I'm envious of all of you native southerners, you never had to deal with 6 hour commutes through 18" of snow, seems like they never closed work due to weather. I'm glad to be here, and enjoy the wonderful weather and people in NC.....Oh, by the way everyone, enjoy the snow day tomorrow.....

Regards,
Ron
360...scary.

I remember a snowstorm in Maine ( I was around 5), we got so much snow that it literally covered the garage doors. We opened them up and it was a wall of snow. We got alot up there.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:16 PM

170 posts, read 586,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgi View Post
Geeezz, I didn't get any bread or milk. I predict every school + business within 100 miles will be closed tomorrow
too funny Burgi, and SO true!

It's funny and the running "joke" when the newscasters start with this stuff, all of my northern neighbors (CT, NY, NY, NJ, MA, MI, and the list goes on) -joke "Did you get your bread???" "Hurry and get your bread before it runs out!"

I lived in southwest Michigan for 5yrs. Close to the lake, I lived through lake effect snow --and January's that is snowed every single day of that month!

I must admit though, moving here, I look forward to our freak out, weather days here in Charlotte!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte