U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 05:19 PM

8 posts, read 8,633 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I may take a job in the Charlotte area pretty soon it just happened so fast! Anyway I was wondering if there's an affordable option for a nice apartment complex somewhere in the 500-700 a month range? I'm trying to live close to the job which is near the Bojangles Arena. Thank you guys in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 05:41 PM

4,639 posts, read 4,781,473 times
I'm pretty sure there isn't an apartment in Charlotte for rent in that price range that I would live in.

Per this site, the average rent for a 1 br apt. in Charlotte is $840/month:

https://www.rentjungle.com/average-r...e-rent-trends/

Old 04-24-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
I'm pretty sure there isn't an apartment in Charlotte for rent in that price range that I would live in.

Per this site, the average rent for a 1 br apt. in Charlotte is $840/month:

https://www.rentjungle.com/average-r...e-rent-trends/
I appreciate that. I don't know much about Charlotte so I'm researching it. You're right so far. I'm going to continue researching the area. I have a month and a half to think about it.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:49 PM

153 posts, read 164,628 times
Consider renting a room. It could give you more time to look/think or find roommates.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:10 PM

7 posts, read 8,915 times
You can try the Chimneys Apartments. It is close to the arena and in your price range.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoliver89 View Post
You can try the Chimneys Apartments. It is close to the arena and in your price range.
Thank you. I have a friend who actually recommended the same place.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:56 AM

2 posts, read 1,718 times
I also have a friend that lives there. He says its a good place to live to.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:22 AM

480 posts, read 797,523 times
I lived in Courtney Ridge. Nothing special but spacious, safe, close to downtown and picturesque.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:58 PM

14 posts, read 15,033 times
I don't mean to threadjack but i'm currently looking for something in the same price range, just closer to the airport. That allows cats w/ out monthly fee, has a dishwasher, and is quiet during the day (work night shift)

I loved what I saw about the chimney's and Briarcreek but how bad would the drive be with traffic to coffey creek? Maybe i'm not looking hard enough but I can't find anything decent in belmont - mt holly - sedgefield - steele creek areas that meets my criteria without being just on the $700 mark. That $550 studio looks tasty despite being small, for me and one cat though would be ok.

Old 05-10-2015, 01:38 PM

21,881 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenrin View Post
I don't mean to threadjack but i'm currently looking for something in the same price range, just closer to the airport. That allows cats w/ out monthly fee, has a dishwasher, and is quiet during the day (work night shift)

I loved what I saw about the chimney's and Briarcreek but how bad would the drive be with traffic to coffey creek? Maybe i'm not looking hard enough but I can't find anything decent in belmont - mt holly - sedgefield - steele creek areas that meets my criteria without being just on the $700 mark. That $550 studio looks tasty despite being small, for me and one cat though would be ok.
Look at Cramerton & Gastonia. For what it's worth Kings Mountain is about 30 minutes from the airport. More like 35 in rush hour. A new complex is renting that's just off US 74 on King St/Business 74.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or