U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 07:56 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,845,349 times

Advertisements

I've tried several "exits" in Charlotte and I highly recommend these hotels with pools, hot breakfasts as being very family-friendly:

Exit 49 in Concord which is just outside of Charlotte (this exit is family-friendly and has a lot of shopping and dining):

Hampton Inn & Suites

Wingate by Wyndham

Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Embassy Suites Charlotte -- Concord/Golf Resort & Spa

Comfort Suites Concord Mill

Courtyard Charlotte Concord

Residence Inn Charlotte Concord

Simple drive (five mins?) from these hotels:

Zaxby's
Waffle House
Texas Roadhouse
Ruby Tuesdays
Cracker Barrel
TGIFridays (if my memory is correct)
On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Chuck E. Cheese
Carrabbas Italian Grill

Super nearby these hotels:

Panera Bread
Starbucks
Olive Garden
Red Lobster
Applebees
Sweet Frog

Same exit (49):

Great Wolf Lodge -- the Carolinas

Concord Mills Mall (49)

The LEGO Store
Cold Stone Creamery
AMC Concord Mills 24

We visited Ray's Splash Planet and it was way, way too crowded. My kids seemed uninterested after about an hour or so -- mainly because it was so crowded. (When others on City Data suggested that I visit Great Wolf or Carowinds instead -- seriously-dense-me didn't listen. Next time we'll do Great Wolf. And I'll listen to City-Data folks!!)

I hope this helps somebody in the future! Thank you to everyone who was trying to help me!

Alley

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or