U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 10:03 AM

15 posts, read 12,455 times

Advertisements

From an out of state perspective, NoDa brewing is by far the most well known among craft beer fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 10:16 AM

343 posts, read 486,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambrose3 View Post
From an out of state perspective, NoDa brewing is by far the most well known among craft beer fans.
Thanks to the Gold Medal for Hop Drop n Roll. I agree I think they are the best Charlotte brewery, but the others are gaining ground. I don't think it will be long before a few others become household names.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:30 AM

15 posts, read 12,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksuther View Post
Thanks to the Gold Medal for Hop Drop n Roll. I agree I think they are the best Charlotte brewery, but the others are gaining ground. I don't think it will be long before a few others become household names.
Nice. Any recommendations? Anyone doing sours or saisons? Pretty excited to try them all out this summer.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:49 PM

189 posts, read 286,036 times
Quote:
Nice. Any recommendations? Anyone doing sours or saisons? Pretty excited to try them all out this summer.
Sugar Creek has an awesome saison (3.9/5 on beer advocate). Also a pint is $4 for a 6.6% ABV at the brewery. Definitely looking like it'll be one of my summer favorites.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:14 PM

142 posts, read 181,096 times
Quote:
Only one doing sours that I am aware of is Wicked Weed out of Asheville. You can probably finds bottles around if you needed. I know Brawleys stocks them and usually has a couple good beers on tap as well.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:36 PM

128 posts, read 181,725 times
I have also enjoyed the Old Mecklenburg Beers that I have tried. I believe Old Mecklenburg does follow the german beer purity laws. Asheville does have an excellent selection of craft beers. The Asheville Beer Garden is a great place to sample local beer if ever in downtown Asheville.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:37 PM

777 posts, read 2,272,478 times
Noda, Birdsong, Lenny Boy, Unknown, Heist, (Free Range and Wooden Robot coming soon) have all produced sours just not on a consistent basis.

Sugar Creek, Birdsong, and Triple C all have large release seasonal saisons and most of the other breweries at least do small batch saisons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte