U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-17-2008, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 5,151 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the area soon and recently checked out a few apts. I really liked Bexley Creekside, but on several forums I have read bad reports (crimes, drug deals, vandalisms, etc). Has anyone lived there or know of people who have lived there? How did you like it? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 01:21 PM

14,699 posts, read 14,225,140 times
I just moved out of there in November. I did not personally experience any crime but I know there is some in the complex.

Also, there is a lot of loud noise in the complex. People playing bass too loud, screaming at each other with open windows, loud cars, etc.

If you want to see the true crime rates for any area, use Community Crime Information System. It has a tutorial to show you how to use the mapping system and you can even view crimes by individual block.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:22 PM

14,699 posts, read 14,225,140 times
I guess I should add that I did not like it due to the noise factors.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:26 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,725,978 times
Keep in mind that there is a Noise Ordinance in Charlotte-Mecklenburg -24hrs- a day. If someone is playing loud music at 12noon, just call 911. That will fix the problem.

Try contacting the management of the apt cpmplex 1st, if that doesn't get you anywhere call 911!

Old 01-22-2008, 01:40 PM

22,080 posts, read 40,170,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Keep in mind that there is a Noise Ordinance in Charlotte-Mecklenburg -24hrs- a day. If someone is playing loud music at 12noon, just call 911. That will fix the problem.

Try contacting the management of the apt cpmplex 1st, if that doesn't get you anywhere call 911!
Im sorry I disagree with this mainly because you are blocking out a real emergency call from going to ambulance, fire etc authorities.

FOR NON EMERGENCY dial 311 or your local precinct phone number.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:43 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,725,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Im sorry I disagree with this mainly because you are blocking out a real emergency call from going to ambulance, fire etc authorities.

Agree. Forgot about 311!

Old 01-18-2009, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

Can you tell me where you find the noise ordinance that is 24-7 ...I would like a copy.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:02 PM

10 posts, read 19,408 times
We are at Bexley Greenway (Its right down the road from Creekside) been here since June. I never feel unsafe and my husband is away alot on business. If there is an incident they are very good about letting you know about it by leaving a flyer at your door. We have gotten 2 so far one about a break in and one about a car break in...I dunno, sometimes I think its by people that they already know...I'm not worried I have my alarm system. The grounds are beautiful here tho, they really keep up on the place...We moved from a 3 bedroom home and its been great not having to mow grass and clean a pool...I have never seen Creekside but I do like it here at Greenway. About the noise, we hear noise occasionally from upstairs we are on a ground floor...but If you live in an apartment i think you just have to expect that sometimes, thats the downside. Its never anything that we can't handle and we don't ever hear any screaming or yelling...They have some townhouse style apartments here too with an upstairs and downstairs...we will prob transfer into one of those when our lease is up in June.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte