U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 12:10 PM
GPS

36 posts, read 92,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpreston View Post
Mt.Holly and Belmont area is nice.
Not to say that it is common, but Mt. Holly just had a bad break-in about two weeks ago. They actually came in with guns while the person was still at home and held them at gunpoint while they took their stuff. Thankfully no one was hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 12:17 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,708,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Not to say that it is common, but Mt. Holly just had a bad break-in about two weeks ago. They actually came in with guns while the person was still at home and held them at gunpoint while they took their stuff. Thankfully no one was hurt.
That was not random they said.

I would definately consider Belmont & Mount Holly.

Look at Gastona the last few weeks...shootings (several)...not say say it is a bad place. There are nice sections of Gastonia too.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:31 PM

68 posts, read 257,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Anywhere is safe as long as you have a good security system and don't walk around alone at night or anything. I sell security for Guardian and have had a few customers in Gastonia. I know they were prompted to buy due to burglaries in their neighborhoods, but I don't think it is as wide-spread as Charlotte.
I jog by myself every single night on West Franklin Boulevard (you know, the "bad" part of town) and have not been accosted even once. That isnt even to mention my family has been in the same house in WEST Gastonia(Lock up your women and kids!) and have never had even ONE property crime commited against them in FORTY FIVE YEARS. But hey, dont let me stop you! Go right on ahead and advance your negative stereotypes as long as you want to. Lets not let facts get in the way or anything.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:32 PM

68 posts, read 257,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkchester321 View Post
I have lived in Gastonia for 2 years after living in Charlotte for 40+ years. An trust me when I tell you it is SOOOO much nicer in Gastonia. Yes they have crime - but so does everyone else. I am head of my neighborhood watch in a historic area called York-Chester. Crime is down in that area 56% from last year. Some beautiful homes/land in Gastonia - best areas in town are off Franklin from Lowell to Chester St (hwy 321).
Email me if you want to know more.
Welcome to town! That neighborhood's property values are going to absolutely soar soon.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:56 AM
GPS

36 posts, read 92,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GastoniaNative View Post
I jog by myself every single night on West Franklin Boulevard (you know, the "bad" part of town) and have not been accosted even once. That isnt even to mention my family has been in the same house in WEST Gastonia(Lock up your women and kids!) and have never had even ONE property crime commited against them in FORTY FIVE YEARS. But hey, dont let me stop you! Go right on ahead and advance your negative stereotypes as long as you want to. Lets not let facts get in the way or anything.
I am not trying to put forward any negative things. As I said, there were burglaries but they aren't all that common. If you feel safe doing what you are doing then that is great for you, however, in my business I know that you can go 30 years without a problem, but it only takes that one time to ruin your life. Again, not saying that it will happen or anything, but I have seen too many people say "it won't happen to me" and it didn't...for a few years, but once it did they regretted their decision to wait.

We have a saying in our industry, "it is better to be 30 years too early than 1 day too late." I hold to that principle because of one personal instance. I was walking through a neighborhood that had had a lot of criminal activity. I came to one house and was going to knock on the door and offer them a security system. I saw a "Beware of Dog" sign and a fake security camera and figured that they didn't need it. Three days later I call my customer from the same neighborhood and they send me to his house, he had been robbed the day after I was there. He lost his $4000 card collection, his stereo and his gun. Needless to say he signed that day, but if I had only knocked on his door that first time maybe he wouldn't have had to go through that pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte