U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 11:38 AM

6 posts, read 15,685 times

Advertisements

Can someone advise me as to how safe is Gastonia, 15 miles west of Charlotte, NC. How bad is the crime level and are their any good rented apartment in safe professional area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 09:39 AM

126 posts, read 531,450 times
Gastonia certainly has good areas. I would recommend you visit the area and see for yourself. I'm not familiar with any particular neighborhoods (I'm up in Lincolnton), but I have been doing a lot of shopping down on East Franklin Blvd and have driven through some lovely neighborhoods.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:23 AM

6 posts, read 15,685 times
Thanks for your advice its very helpful as I am very concern regadring my daughters move to gastonia.She is going to work near East Franklin Blvd but after reading forum reviews regarding high crinme we are now scared. We are still unable to finf rental apt in that area. Would you knoe in a good neighbourhood aroung East Franklin Blvd area then please help us.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 AM

1,418 posts, read 6,375,130 times
I've lived in Gastonia (my parents still live there) and it's a safe area overall. It has it's crime areas, but no more than other areas its size. East/southeast Gastonia have the best areas. Most who make the comments about Gastonia being so crime-ridden have little or no first-hand knowledge.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:52 PM

13 posts, read 49,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mansha View Post
Can someone advise me as to how safe is Gastonia, 15 miles west of Charlotte, NC. How bad is the crime level and are their any good rented apartment in safe professional area?
As a rule of thumb look to Belmont, South Point, Forestview areas near and in Gastonia. Stay away from downtown and North Mark

Old 01-29-2008, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,751 times
Smile Gastonia Area

I have a good friend whose Mom lived in Gastonia and his sister does as well. The 2 safest areas in his opinion are Robinwood Road and Hudson Street area. There is crime to be concerned about in Gastonia but lately that is almost anywhere in Charlotte these days. These 2 areas are very nice. Hope this helps!

Old 01-31-2008, 09:26 AM

2 posts, read 5,218 times
Default Living In Gastonia

I have lived in Gastonia for 2 years after living in Charlotte for 40+ years. An trust me when I tell you it is SOOOO much nicer in Gastonia. Yes they have crime - but so does everyone else. I am head of my neighborhood watch in a historic area called York-Chester. Crime is down in that area 56% from last year. Some beautiful homes/land in Gastonia - best areas in town are off Franklin from Lowell to Chester St (hwy 321).
Email me if you want to know more.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:18 AM

248 posts, read 491,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mansha View Post
Good place to call home. Have family friends there. Gastonia is second on my list after Charlotte.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:21 PM
GPS

36 posts, read 92,896 times
Anywhere is safe as long as you have a good security system and don't walk around alone at night or anything. I sell security for Guardian and have had a few customers in Gastonia. I know they were prompted to buy due to burglaries in their neighborhoods, but I don't think it is as wide-spread as Charlotte.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:26 AM

126 posts, read 369,157 times
Mt.Holly and Belmont area is nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte