Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 11:10 PM

199 posts, read 384,010 times

Advertisements

What month does everyone think is the best to put a house for rent on the market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 11:19 PM

10 posts, read 7,328 times
I would think that it depended on location? Lake Norman area something listed in late spring early summer. In the city I think I'd try to list around peak rental periods. Have you searched major conferences scheduled in your area?

Old 06-04-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie16girl View Post
I would think that it depended on location? Lake Norman area something listed in late spring early summer. In the city I think I'd try to list around peak rental periods. Have you searched major conferences scheduled in your area?
Location is Madison Park and Beverly Woods. I'm asking for a friend since they don't really use electronics or the internet much

Old 06-04-2015, 11:48 PM

10 posts, read 7,328 times
Well, I'm no expert, but a quick search seemed to show those as lower price areas (comparatively). So I would think NOW would be a good time to list to take advantage of recent college grads looking for a "first" home.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:00 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,208,453 times
Really anytime in that area. That is right near SouthPark and very desireable. I wouldn't doubt that they could get $1,400 - $1,800 a month in that area.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:42 AM

777 posts, read 2,567,441 times
Now. People will be moving now that schools are getting out. Summer is the biggest time for family relocation and many wisely choose to rent for a year before buying a house.

Old 06-05-2015, 07:23 AM

351 posts, read 656,388 times
April and May because people are ready to move in June when school is out for Summer. However, I hate moving in the heat and end of December is my preferred time to move. End of the semester and weather is cool. I don't care if I can't get out Christmas decorations.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:32 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,813,691 times
When it's available? I can't see someone not listing it when it is empty just because it isn't a peak time. Unless they are living in it and will leave to rent it when is a good time to list it?

Old 06-05-2015, 09:07 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,832,266 times
I wouldn't dream of holding back a property to attempt to time the market. Too much can happen with an empty house, especially now that school is out/almost out. Lots of mischief. My rule is get it rented as soon as possible. The location makes no difference.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I wouldn't dream of holding back a property to attempt to time the market. Too much can happen with an empty house, especially now that school is out/almost out. Lots of mischief. My rule is get it rented as soon as possible. The location makes no difference.
house isnt ready yet though

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
When it's available? I can't see someone not listing it when it is empty just because it isn't a peak time. Unless they are living in it and will leave to rent it when is a good time to list it?
house has some stuff needed to be done to it, some flooring refinished and a few other minor stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapeach69 View Post
April and May because people are ready to move in June when school is out for Summer. However, I hate moving in the heat and end of December is my preferred time to move. End of the semester and weather is cool. I don't care if I can't get out Christmas decorations.
december? geez i bet you could get some nice rental deals :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSouthPark View Post
Now. People will be moving now that schools are getting out. Summer is the biggest time for family relocation and many wisely choose to rent for a year before buying a house.
thank you for the advice/info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Really anytime in that area. That is right near SouthPark and very desireable. I wouldn't doubt that they could get $1,400 - $1,800 a month in that area.
Let's hope so!

Also another reason why I made this thread is because some tenants washer leaked water all over into another room and damaged the flooring and then tried saying her dads a contractor and tried to say the water came up from the ground cause there's a crack in the floor.... I"m talking about a lot of water not just a little drops or something. There lease is up and I told my friend listen you either tell them you have 2 options you pay for the damages you caused and sign a new lease or you will vacate the premesis and your deposit will be kept for the damages and etc and if you don't leave get evicted. He was trying to pay for it himself and keep them in there for another year and next year kick them out and keep their deposit then so I don't know what else has happened but I'll call him later this week and see.

Thanks for everyones input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: