U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 10:51 AM

19,961 posts, read 18,810,763 times

Advertisements

The removal of Kmart #7407 from Kmart's store locator should be the first sign the store is closing. Has anyone noticed other signs of its likely closure such as advertised prices not being honored at the specific store location, increased and deeper discounts on inventory on hand, store fixtures and equipment for sale, reduced store operating hours, and methods of payment limited and specified to cash only?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 11:52 AM

49 posts, read 71,989 times
I plan on going to the store this afternoon, I guess I will find out then. So when a store is closing they only take cash payments? i have never shopped at a store during a liquidation sale. I think fixtures will be for sale at the end of the liquidation period

Old 06-01-2015, 01:38 PM

21,886 posts, read 27,151,555 times
There seems to be a trend. First they closed Sears in Shelby then Gastonia.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:35 PM

2,155 posts, read 3,371,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by empower77 View Post
I plan on going to the store this afternoon, I guess I will find out then. So when a store is closing they only take cash payments? i have never shopped at a store during a liquidation sale. I think fixtures will be for sale at the end of the liquidation period
They still take credit cards, as the entire chain isn't closing (yet), just one store.

They stopped taking layaway orders and closed their Western Union and lottery terminals. That's a sign as well.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:08 AM

Default Kmart #7407, 2120 West Roosevelt Blvd, Monroe, North Carolina 28110-2713

Kmart #7407 is officially closing. The latest it may close is September. It will likely close sooner as more inventory is marked down and cleared out.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:52 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,671,104 times
Sadly, every time I walked around that store, it was almost empty. I don't know how it has stayed open for as long as it has. The Wal-Mart, a half a mile away, does booming business. The K-Mart-Sears marriage was not a happy one for either store. Sears isn't in much better shape. The storm clouds are gathering for all of these types of department stores. But in a strange way they've dug their own graves. They can't compete with Amazon in any substantial way. They have nothing "unique" to offer their customers anymore. I'll miss them when they're gone!

Old 06-10-2015, 10:01 AM

I stopped by the store monday and there were a lot of cars in the parking lot but liquidation had not started yet, I guess it will start in the next few weeks. They did have signs posted that they were no longer accepting new layaways.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:03 AM

Does anyone know when the liquidation sale will start. I saw a sign that said that there Pharmacy was closing June 14th which was this past sunday.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:21 PM

21,886 posts, read 27,151,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Sadly, every time I walked around that store, it was almost empty. I don't know how it has stayed open for as long as it has. The Wal-Mart, a half a mile away, does booming business. The K-Mart-Sears marriage was not a happy one for either store. Sears isn't in much better shape. The storm clouds are gathering for all of these types of department stores. But in a strange way they've dug their own graves. They can't compete with Amazon in any substantial way. They have nothing "unique" to offer their customers anymore. I'll miss them when they're gone!
Emissary, what's the status of the Sears in Monroe? They closed in Shelby about a year & a half ago & closed in Gastonia last winter. Last week I was riding with a friend out to Shelby & noticed a Sears Hometown in a shopping center. I'm wondering if there's an attempt to get cheaper rents for the Sears.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:00 PM

Default Kmart #7407, 2120 West Roosevelt Blvd, Monroe, North Carolina 28110-2713

Quote:
Originally Posted by empower77 View Post
Does anyone know when the liquidation sale will start. I saw a sign that said that there Pharmacy was closing June 14th which was this past sunday.
The liquidation sale should start at anytime. I would be curious to know who acquired the pharmacy business knowing there is not another Kmart nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte