Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 05:51 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,490,650 times

Advertisements

It would probably be more helpful if you tell us YOUR line of work.

We moved here with a job in hand. We were not willing to move anywhere without a job. The job he currently has flew him out here twice from CA for interviews and offered him the position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 03:55 PM

497 posts, read 1,693,885 times
I'm currently looking for jobs in the Charlotte area myself. I currently reside in the Boston area and work in Human Resources as a recruiter (non agency). My background is in healthcare HR so I've been looking at the websites of various hospitals and healthcare organizations in the area. I'm still early in the job search process so we will see how it goes. I know this is an old post but I figured I would chime in since I had the same question.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:08 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,069,352 times
Good luck Brit3218. I hope you find a position soon. It sounds like you are taking the right path by pursing relationships with the local hospitals and healthcare organizations. They are certainly growing.

I must say, though, it may be one of the most unintentionally ironic posts I have ever read - that you are looking for a position as a recruiter, with experience in Human Relations and posting on the city data forum for input. Aren't there better resources for measures you are aware of as a recruiter that could answer the OP question?

Old 11-10-2015, 04:04 PM

497 posts, read 1,693,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Good luck Brit3218. I hope you find a position soon. It sounds like you are taking the right path by pursing relationships with the local hospitals and healthcare organizations. They are certainly growing.

I must say, though, it may be one of the most unintentionally ironic posts I have ever read - that you are looking for a position as a recruiter, with experience in Human Relations and posting on the city data forum for input. Aren't there better resources for measures you are aware of as a recruiter that could answer the OP question?

Thank you for well wishes! I actually wasn't looking for input but just to assure that we are all in the same boat when it comes to finding work out of state haha. I would utilize LinkedIn as much as possible. Definitely join groups specific to your area of work because often recruiters join those particular groups to search for potential candidates. You could also narrow down your field of work to specific geographical areas. I would change the privacy settings, however, if you do not want your current employer to know you are looking for work. Also, agencies would be a good first step as well. You could always take a good contract position until you get settled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: